Who's next then?

• Thread starter Deleted member 28
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
If it is possible for a person who is legally regarded as male to become pregnant, then any legislation regarding pregnancy needs to be drafted in such a way that it is inclusive of that person. Whether you agree that they are male or not.

And again, I'm not saying it is or it isn't transphobic, I'm saying the candidates are attempting to appear transphobic.

Last edited:

Mugshot

Über Member
Blacks and Irish
Single mums
People with disabilities
Immigrants
Gypsies
Trans folk

Gotta have someone to other and give a good kicking to while you keep all the biscuits for yourself.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
If you want language to be inclusive then you can say 'Women and transmen' who are pregnant/need a smear test/are breastfeeding etc. And you can say 'Men and transwomen' who need a prostate check etc etc. You don't need to replace 'women' with 'people'.

When you say candidates are attempting to appear transphobic, the vast majority of the rest of us see candidates clarifying where they stand on women's rights, including the right to accurate language to describe themselves. The fact that you think women's rights are transphobic is a you issue, I'm afraid.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Blacks and Irish
Single mums
People with disabilities
Immigrants
Gypsies
Trans folk

Gotta have someone to other and give a good kicking to while you keep all the biscuits for yourself.

In what way is not wanting men in women's prisons 'keeping all the biscuits'?

winjim

If you want language to be inclusive then you can say 'Women and transmen' who are pregnant/need a smear test/are breastfeeding etc. And you can say 'Men and transwomen' who need a prostate check etc etc. You don't need to replace 'women' with 'people'.

When you say candidates are attempting to appear transphobic, the vast majority of the rest of us see candidates clarifying where they stand on women's rights, including the right to accurate language to describe themselves. The fact that you think women's rights are transphobic is a you issue, I'm afraid.

I somewhat agree with your first paragraph. By 'inclusive' I meant 'inclusive' which doesn't mean using confusing language that may not be understood. However there is a difference between what should be written in a legal context and what might be written for a more general lay audience. Certainly in the latter case it could be confusing and not inclusive to use only gender neutral language. As an example 'person with a cervix' on an invitation for cervical screening might exclude people who do not know much about anatomy or who speak little English. The important thing is that you get healthcare to the people who need it, however they identify. But you'd write it differently on a legal document. If you meant person with a cervix it might be a more correct and concise thing to write exactly that, it's going to be read mainly by lawyers who wouldn't necessarily need you to go round the houses explaining about women and trans men and hysterectomies and what have you.

None of which detracts from my point which is that I don't for a second believe that these Tory leadership candidates are thinking in those terms. I believe that they are playing up to the culture war and attempting to bolster their 'anti woke' credentials. And I don't consider the anti woke agenda to be at all feminist in nature. They're using women and trans folk as pawns in their power games.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
And when Labour and the LibDems and Greens do the same they are simply playing the woke card. I don't think for a minute that Keir Starmer thinks a woman can have a penis, but he daren't say any different. The left would rather throw women under the bus than offend the transgender lobby.

Mugshot

Über Member
In what way is not wanting men in women's prisons 'keeping all the biscuits'?

None of which detracts from my point which is that I don't for a second believe that these Tory leadership candidates are thinking in those terms. I believe that they are playing up to the culture war and attempting to bolster their 'anti woke' credentials. And I don't consider the anti woke agenda to be at all feminist in nature. They're using women and trans folk as pawns in their power games.
What he said.

This, from the candidates, has nothing to with women‘s prisons, and everything to do with sowing division.
We’ve seen it all before, hence my list above, create the enemy and deflect from what you’re doing. They’re creating a phoney war against woke, cancel culture and pc gone mad.

This is an election manifesto, and they’re busy working on a race to the bottom, take a look at Braverman’s comments on benefit claimants, section 28 is back in the mix, abortion, immigration, when Patel gets involved it’ll be the death penalty. Then throw in the tax cut sweetener.
This has nothing to do with women‘s rights, or the removal of trans rights, and everything to do with populism and getting as many reactionary little Englander members of the Tory party to vote for them.

winjim

I can't imagine, having lived through the last twelve years, in fact having lived through the last forty four, thinking that any of the current set of Tory leadership candidates had a single thought about improving my rights, or the rights of women, or of trans people, or of any other minorities, or of anybody beyond themselves and those who enable them. I can't fathom it at all.

Mugshot

Über Member
I can't imagine, having lived through the last twelve years, in fact having lived through the last forty four, thinking that any of the current set of Tory leadership candidates had a single thought about improving my rights, or the rights of women, or of trans people, or of any other minorities, or of anybody beyond themselves and those who enable them. I can't fathom it at all.

If people haven’t worked that out solely from the dodgy PPE contracts, I don’t know what the answer is.

Top Bottom