Who's next then?

• Thread starter Deleted member 28
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

Disagree. Couldn't suspend disbelief at Carling ("Where's yer tool?") flinching from Gandhi.
Sir Ben Kingsley claims the character of Don Logan is largely based on his grandmother.....they never had carpet in the bathrooms at borstel.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Mordaunt's Twitter video had to be reposted because people featured objected to the implied endorsement. It's still almost beyond parody. She's still a total bellend.

She's also a liar. She put out a whole Twitter thread last night about what a staunch defender of women's rights she is. Journalists and other politicians have been calling her out on it all day today, even quoting Hansard.

View: https://mobile.twitter.com/ShippersUnbound/status/1546046734605975553

OP
OP
D

Deleted member 28

Is the question who we think will be the next Tory leader, or who we want to be the next Tory leader?

I would imagine you wouldn't want any of them would you?

Last edited by a moderator:

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Is this the position we're in as a society? A leadership election where the candidates are prepared to lie to appear more transphobic than they actually are in order to win votes? Or is someone lying about the lying? I don't know but it was clear from the start that this campaign was going to feature 'anti-woke' rhetoric as a major theme. Right now it's transphobia but rest assured they'll be after other minorities, perceived out groups and women as well. It just happens that trans people are a very easy target with a good amount of shock value and the added bonus is that by attacking them you can pretend to be a feminist at the same time.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
No one has asked you to pick anything, just asking who you think it might be?

Love it!

That's a thing called a 'metaphor', Shepster. Don't sweat it. :smile:

As of now I couldn't guess which of this array of towering luminaries it might be. Whichever one is most likely to pander to the Vote Leave demographic that were so head-over-heels for Johnson in 2019. I guess that's why they're all going in quite so hard on the Culture wars bollocks.

icowden

Legendary Member
As of now I couldn't guess which of this array of towering luminaries it might be. Whichever one is most likely to pander to the Vote Leave demographic that were so head-over-heels for Johnson in 2019. I guess that's why they're all going in quite so hard on the Culture wars bollocks.
This is an interesting thing - it is the notorious Westminster list from 2017 of unknown provenance:

View: https://twitter.com/mi6rogue/status/1545869633135300609

No idea if it is genuine. Certainly Rory Stewart and Sophie Bolsover both responded that their entry was untrue. On the other hand Chris Pincher's entry is right on the money. Kwasi Kwarteng seems to have been very close to both Liz Truss and Amber Rudd. Doesn't say if it was at the same time... (apols if I have put you off your breakfast).

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 49

This is an interesting thing - it is the notorious Westminster list from 2017 of unknown provenance:

View: https://twitter.com/mi6rogue/status/1545869633135300609

No idea if it is genuine. Certainly Rory Stewart and Sophie Bolsover both responded that their entry was untrue. On the other hand Chris Pincher's entry is right on the money. Kwasi Kwarteng seems to have been very close to both Liz Truss and Amber Rudd. Doesn't say if it was at the same time... (apols if I have put you off your breakfast).

I mean it's hard to imagine anything odd about everyone's favourite Tory Rory innit....allways seems utterly charming 🙄

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Cant see them all getting the 20 votes needed to enter the first round of ballots……….

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Is this the position we're in as a society? A leadership election where the candidates are prepared to lie to appear more transphobic than they actually are in order to win votes? Or is someone lying about the lying? I don't know but it was clear from the start that this campaign was going to feature 'anti-woke' rhetoric as a major theme. Right now it's transphobia but rest assured they'll be after other minorities, perceived out groups and women as well. It just happens that trans people are a very easy target with a good amount of shock value and the added bonus is that by attacking them you can pretend to be a feminist at the same time.

Refusing to remove the word 'woman' from legislation about women is not transphobic.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Refusing to remove the word 'woman' from legislation about women is not transphobic.

The candidates are making efforts to appear transphobic.

Please don't tell me you believe any of them are doing any of this in order to try and stand up for any sort of feminism or women's rights.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Regardless of what you think of their other policies, or competence, both Liz Truss and Kemi Badenoch have long been outspoken on single sex spaces and changes in language. Speaking about either of these things is not transphobic. You want it to be regarded as transphobic in order to shut down the discussion.

The fact is that noone needed to talk about any of this 5 years ago because until recently we all knew what 'woman' meant and the rights of women to have single sex spaces was taken for granted. Talking about women's rights isn't transphobic. Men denying them the right to do so is misogyny though.

Top Bottom