Who's next then?

• Thread starter Deleted member 28
  • Start date
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
I thought it was a question on who people thought might be next, this is a left wing forum, predominantly, so there will never be a 'good Tory ' I guess?
It is, but there are very few "good" Tories left, and those that are left definitely won't be in the running. For example Rory Stewart was a good Tory and would have made an excellent Prime Minister I think. Sadly even he doesn't think there is much left worth saving in the current party and is now independent.

At the moment we have
Penny Mordaunt - bit of a liar
Sajid Javid - serial dog whistler, not keen on addressing racism, likes tax avoidance
Jeremy Hunt - ruined the NHS
Grant Shapps - sockpuppet master, bully and liar
Nadhim Zahawi - expense fiddler, fan of the President's club (didn't join in honest)
Kemi Badenoch - encourages attacks on Journalists
Suella Braverman - serial idiot, legally trained but encouraged Boris to break the law repeatedly, lap-dog
Tom Tugendhat- knee jerk politician, wanted to expel all russians from the UK regardless of situation
Rishi Sunak - super rich, super oily, exists to protect his own interests, not yours.

We are expecting to see Patel (Hitler lite) and Truss (brains of a cheese) added to that list.

stowie

I thought it was a question on who people thought might be next, this is a left wing forum, predominantly, so there will never be a 'good Tory ' I guess?

Is the question who we think will be the next Tory leader, or who we want to be the next Tory leader?

stowie

Suella Braverman - serial idiot, legally trained but encouraged Boris to break the law repeatedly, lap-dog

Suella Braverman confuses me. She is not quite typical of the cabinet. Her family background is comfortable middle-class - she went to private school but on a scholarship etc. She went to Cambridge and won a place through Erasmus for a masters in European Law. This is not someone who seems to be monumentally stupid or completely without any ability for critical thought.

But in the first interview I saw, she managed to argue that two diametrically opposed points were true in a matter of minutes. She was totally bewildered about Customs Unions and Single Market to the point that it seemed the interview was the first time anyone had mentioned either concept to her. She seems utterly incapable of presenting her argument in a way that makes much sense at all.

It all seems rather odd. Even if she has batshit ideas, I would expect her to be able to present them in a somewhat coherent way and understand some of the basic concepts around what she is talking about.

D

Deleted member 49

She went to Cambridge and won a place through Erasmus for a masters in European Law.
Then joined the ERG ffs......getting the backing of Steve Hardman Baker should be enough for most to run a mile.
No this isn't parody.....I stand by there isn't one of them that should be anywhere near running the country.
Screenshot_20220710-152238.png

StuAff

Here's all you need to know (or no!) about each candidate…Feel free to allocate as you feel fit to each. Or just replay for each dead horse.

StuAff

Mordaunt's Twitter video had to be reposted because people featured objected to the implied endorsement. It's still almost beyond parody. She's still a total bellend.

D

Deleted member 49

Here's all you need to know (or no!) about each candidate…Feel free to allocate as you feel fit to each. Or just replay for each dead horse.

Class film....Don Logan has to be one of the most menacing characters going ^_^

StuAff

Mordaunt also has a truly terrible website plugging her campaign. It smacks of European Super League-ish knocked together by some teenager in a few spare minutes. It's both sparse yet still full of shite. Apparently Portsmouth North was a 'safe Labour seat'. Well, Labour held it from 1997. But before that, the odious Peter Griffiths, who'd fit right in (all too literally) with current Conservative 'values'. But best not mention the man who didn't want N-words for neighbours, eh? Domain registered in 2019, apparently…

Top Bottom