Are you still wearing a face mask?

Are you still wearing a face mask?

• Yes - all of the time

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Yes - most of the time (in shops etc.)

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

Agree with the first part, do you really think people can't decide for themselves whether they want to wear masks or not irrespective of what Boris says or does?
Shep,

As you've already said many times many people have already decided not to wear masks, [possibly because they see influential people not wearing them- who knows?], but unless those same people are compelled to by law, they certainly won't.decide to resume wearing masks voluntarily and will no doubt happily justify that decision, if challenged, by pointing at the PM ignoring advice.

D

Deleted member 28

Shep,

As you've already said many times many people have already decided not to wear masks, [possibly because they see influential people not wearing them- who knows?], but unless those same people are compelled to by law, they certainly won't.decide to resume wearing masks voluntarily and will no doubt happily justify that decision, if challenged, by pointing at the PM ignoring advice.
I would suggest people won't wear one unless it's the Law because they don't have to or want to, I wouldn't imagine what Boris does really enters their minds. I obviously have no evidence of this and can only speak for myself so please don't ask for proof.

Clearly people who attend events that we're talking about have a different approach to risk as other people do, if you interpret that as not giving a toss about others then so be it.
I'm abiding by the current rules and making the best of a bad situation, that's all.

I would suggest people won't wear one unless it's the Law because they don't have to or want to, I wouldn't imagine what Boris does really enters their minds. I obviously have no evidence of this and can only speak for myself so please don't ask for proof.

I suspect that lack of masks in shops etc since July stands up your first proposition. If they're challenged then a proportion will say 'but BoJo doesn't wear one and neither do the rest of the government bench when you see Parliament on TV'.

D

Deleted member 28

I suspect that lack of masks in shops etc since July stands up your first proposition. If they're challenged then a proportion will say 'but BoJo doesn't wear one and neither do the rest of the government bench when you see Parliament on TV'.
Or..........'I don't need to anymore'?

Also, why should people be challenged anyway and by whom?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
One thing appears true. Membership of this forum is not a typical cross section of the population where mask wearing is concerned. According to the poll, 75% are wearing masks, which does equate to what I see in shops, pubs, buses, trains.

Archie_tect

I wear a mask in public indoor spaces or in crowds... that's my choice as it cuts down Covid transmission rates- everyone else can do what they want... can't help them help themselves and others if they choose not to.

D

Deleted member 28

A London GP has reported he has had patients at his surgery refusing to wear one because “Boris doesn’t wear one so why should I?”
Fair enough it must be all Boris's fault, I expect there's some who sport the same haircut too! 🙄

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 28

One thing appears true. Membership of this forum is not a typical cross section of the population where mask wearing is concerned. According to the poll, 75% are wearing masks, which does equate to what I see in shops, pubs, buses, trains.
Does or doesn't equate? I might see a few at the Football (just watch the footage to confirm) none in the local pub and the odd shop I go in there doesn't seem many, don't use public transport much so can't really comment.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I wear one if I'm in a smaller shop or on public transport. I was in two huge malls today and didn't bother there because I feel like there's enough air circulation.

It's not really about me, I'm 35, fairly healthy and been double jabbed.

If wearing one helps someone who's nervous about being in a public space, it's not exactly a hardship.

Top Bottom