Are you still wearing a face mask?

Are you still wearing a face mask?

• Yes - all of the time

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Yes - most of the time (in shops etc.)

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
Yeah, I take your point on that. I go to pubs regularly, but I wouldn't go to a small, crowded pub at the moment.

D

Deleted member 28

Yeah, I take your point on that. I go to pubs regularly, but I wouldn't go to a small, crowded pub at the moment.
Fair enough.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I was about to ask you the same,

My point is that there seems to be no proof that since the grounds have been open, specifically, there has been a significant rise in cases.
There is evidence that sporting events provide a plausible reason for at least some of the increase in covid cases since the lifting of restrictions.

But again, what's your point? How do you feel this is useful information, either your interpretation or mine?

D

Deleted member 28

But again, what's your point? How do you feel this is useful information, either your interpretation or mine?
This is a wind up right?

I was about to ask you the same,

My point is that there seems to be no proof that since the grounds have been open, specifically, there has been a significant rise in cases.

Archie_tect

With 85% of the population now double jabbed with the booster rate picking up, there will come a point where the unvaccinated have had virus and either survived or died so that the 6000 people in hospital and 170 deaths a day from issues and complications due to Covid-19 is seen as a risk like any other health issue... presently there are 10000 people in hospital and 450 deaths a day from issues and complications due to heart disease.

With Boris Johnson's lack of judgement about the issues remaining, is it any wonder that people are not wearing masks or taking care not to infect others.

D

Deleted member 28

With 85% of the population now double jabbed with the booster rate picking up, there will come a point where the unvaccinated have had virus and either survived or died so that the 6000 people in hospital and 170 deaths a day from issues and complications due to Covid-19 is seen as a risk like any other health issue... presently there are 10000 people in hospital and 450 deaths a day from issues and complications due to heart disease.

With Boris Johnson's lack of judgement about the issues remaining, is it any wonder that people are not wearing masks or taking care not to infect others.
Agree with the first part, do you really think people can't decide for themselves whether they want to wear masks or not irrespective of what Boris says or does?

winjim

This is a wind up right?
No, I'm genuinely asking what point you're trying to make. Your position seems to be that we don't know if football matches are safe. My position is that we have reasonable grounds, and evidence, to suggest that they may be unsafe. There is no interpretation consistent with football matches definitely being safe. Therefore as it's a deadly disease we're talking about, I suggest that it would be best to take a cautious approach and refrain from attending, or even holding, football matches with large crowds until we have better evidence or ways to make them safe.

matticus

Guru
No, I'm genuinely asking what point you're trying to make. Your position seems to be that we don't know if football matches are safe. My position is that we have reasonable grounds, and evidence, to suggest that they may be unsafe. There is no interpretation consistent with football matches definitely being safe. Therefore as it's a deadly disease we're talking about, I suggest that it would be best to take a cautious approach and refrain from attending, or even holding, football matches with large crowds until we have better evidence or ways to make them safe.
As we don't have any evidence that cycling hasn't contributed to the spread of this deadly disease, perhaps we should all constrain ourselves to 30min rides from home maximum.

Just like the good old days of 2020, eh jim?

Agree with the first part, do you really think people can't decide for themselves whether they want to wear masks or not irrespective of what Boris says or does?

Masks are thought to be effective against transmission via exhaled air/vapour. Wearing one protects others rather than the user. If we all wear one we protect each other. If, as the evidence of mask wearing in retail suggests, people stop wearing them should they be compelled in the name of protecting others?

Boris, when at a hospital, just needs to follow the rules.

matticus

Guru
Boris, when at a hospital, just needs to follow the rules.
Well, now you mention that:
in that recent - much tweeted - photo-op visit, did ANYONE actually say to him:
"Ah, Mr Prime Minister - you need to wear a mask, just like all the staff here?"

I'd really like to know!

winjim

As we don't have any evidence that cycling hasn't contributed to the spread of this deadly disease, perhaps we should all constrain ourselves to 30min rides from home maximum.

Just like the good old days of 2020, eh jim?
There seems to be about the same level of consensus regarding the meaning of the words 'proof' and 'evidence' as there was for 'home' and 'local'.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Well, now you mention that:
in that recent - much tweeted - photo-op visit, did ANYONE actually say to him:
"Ah, Mr Prime Minister - you need to wear a mask, just like all the staff here?"

I'd really like to know!

While I don't know if anyone uttered those specific words, the conditions for entry are on the hospital's website:
"Please wash your hands at the hospital entrance and wear a face covering when you enter the hospital until you leave. [...] You must ensure that you wear your covering or mask throughout your visit "

Besides, he's in a hospital full of sick people, why wouldn't he? (I already know the answer: he doesn't give a toss.)

Top Bottom