Are you still wearing a face mask?

Are you still wearing a face mask?

• Yes - all of the time

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Yes - most of the time (in shops etc.)

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

Why does he want to project an image of arrogance and recklessness?
Because he's a chancer/maverick/buffoon... It appeals to his followers.i won't be told what to do 🙄
Masks can also help indirectly to influence behaviour by reminding people that there is still a pandemic, said Robert West, professor of health psychology at University College London. “At a time when we need to be doing as much signalling as we can, masks are very helpful,” he said.

mjr

The Dutch FA would disagree (Google translation):
They claim non transmission has been demonstrated several times but don't cite it in any way that anyone can check. I hope journalists dig into that because the Dutch FA statement is about as convincing as Tim Martin's claim that it hasn't spread in any of his pubs!

icowden

Legendary Member
They claim non transmission has been demonstrated several times but don't cite it in any way that anyone can check. I hope journalists dig into that because the Dutch FA statement is about as convincing as Tim Martin's claim that it hasn't spread in any of his pubs!

To be fair, given the average age and health of Wetherspoons regulars, if it had spread, he'd have many fewer customers...

slowmotion

I went to a pharmacy today to get a Covid booster jab. Anybody who entered must have known that it was a vaccination centre, and that Covid was actually existing. Of all the people who queued up to collect their routine repeat prescriptions as I waited , less than 15% wore masks.

How long do people want this to go on?

MrGrumpy

Regular
I know the Scottish government rules up here were/are different from over the border however mask wearing has certainly dropped a bit. Nothing like down south mind, my week on holiday in Yorkshire last month was eye opening. It felt very much like situation normal. Although it was mostly older people wearing masks , younger generation seemed to not gaf about masks.

Still wearing my mask at work when moving around , it’s habit now , 90% of my colleagues in the dept are still wearing masks , the ones that aren’t were always a bit blasé about any rules anyway.

Maybe I’d have a different view but being the husband of a professional health care worker m reminded every day that of the importance of preventative actions.

The big discussion up here is the vaccine passport requirements. If that’s extends could be uproar.

mudsticks

Squire
I know the Scottish government rules up here were/are different from over the border however mask wearing has certainly dropped a bit. Nothing like down south mind, my week on holiday in Yorkshire last month was eye opening. It felt very much like situation normal. Although it was mostly older people wearing masks , younger generation seemed to not gaf about masks.

Still wearing my mask at work when moving around , it’s habit now , 90% of my colleagues in the dept are still wearing masks , the ones that aren’t were always a bit blasé about any rules anyway.

Maybe I’d have a different view but being the husband of a professional health care worker m reminded every day that of the importance of preventative actions.

The big discussion up here is the vaccine passport requirements. If that’s extends could be uproar.

Its really noticeable isn't it.

After two weeks in Glasgow It was really surprising to get off the train at Preston, and to be among the maskless crowds.

It seems such a small thing to do for the potential benefit.

Ian H

Guru
Mask wearing is declining here. Even some elderly folk have dispensed with them.

Julia9054

Regular
Currently, we have around 4.5% of pupils where I work with confirmed cases of covid - approximately 1 in 21. I had my last vaccination on the 8th June and don’t get my booster until 5th December. My current immunity is probably really low right now.
I’m wearing a mask in the classroom until the end of term.

Rusty Nails

Country Member

Looking at the Covid case rate figures it does seem Scotland are doing a lot better than the rest of the UK.

Perhaps their attitude to mask wearing is helping.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Looking at the Covid case rate figures it does seem Scotland are doing a lot better than the rest of the UK.

Perhaps their attitude to mask wearing is helping.

One of my drinking Pals has just returned from a trip to Edinburgh, according to him, mask wearing almost totally absent, just like here in Newcastle-upon-Tyne area.

matticus

Guru
I toured the Scottish borders for a week (just before COP). Hotels and bars were vv keen to impose safe practice.
Preston station (Sat lunchtime) was the least masked place I've been in 18months. I think it was 98% footy fans, off to different grounds. amiable bunch, but no masks between them!
(English trains were pretty good).

D

Deleted member 49

I'd say Blackpool has had it's busiest year in...at least the last 10.Pubs resteraunts are rammed and very rarely do you see a mask being worn.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
One of my drinking Pals has just returned from a trip to Edinburgh, according to him, mask wearing almost totally absent, just like here in Newcastle-upon-Tyne area.
See posts 171 and 173 for non hearsay opinions. How much time did your drinking pal spend in the pubs?

Top Bottom