Are you still wearing a face mask?

Are you still wearing a face mask?

• Yes - all of the time

Votes: 2 5.7%
  • Yes - most of the time (in shops etc.)

Votes: 27 77.1%
  • No

Votes: 6 17.1%

• Total voters
Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Now things are pretty much back to normal, [...]
200+ covid deaths a day is normal?

67% masked at the post office yesterday, but the postmaster is in his glass box with the window open anyway, so pretty low risk.

matticus

Guru
Normal behaviours? i.e. we have no rules in public shared spaces now.

mjr

Normal behaviours? i.e. we have no rules in public shared spaces now.
I still don't think it's normal behaviour to go around spreading disease when it's so easy to reduce the risk. Maybe I'm out of touch, hoping for fair play and compassion from my neighbours. Oh well, I can't easily emigrate now.

Situation Normal: AFU, perhaps.

D

Deleted member 28

So you still have no evidence for your bull shoot claim?

How is that our fault? I posted in https://ncap.cyclechat.net/threads/are-you-still-wearing-a-face-mask.73/post-5501 that I'm not sure we even know where covid is spreading any more.
I can't recall claiming anything never mind blaming anyone for anything?

I made a comment that there doesn't seem to be any proof that opening sporting events has raised infection rates and as hard as you may have tried neither have you?

Comical!

matticus

Guru
I still don't think it's normal behaviour to go around spreading disease when it's so easy to reduce the risk. Maybe I'm out of touch, hoping for fair play and compassion from my neighbours. Oh well, I can't easily emigrate now.

Situation Normal: AFU, perhaps.
Unless you are less than 6 years old (or have very very poor memory), Comrade MJR, it is normal behaviour to walk round Tescos, or railway stations, or GP receptions, without wearing a mask.
I tried to help you out by correcting your misunderstanding of a forum post; I may not be so farking helpful in future. But please, use my informative posts as a platform for your own grand-standing, by all means. I guess this is what NACA (correction - it's mainly COVID posts, on any forum, isn't it?) is for, in your eyes at least ...

Last edited:

icowden

Legendary Member
I can't recall claiming anything never mind blaming anyone for anything?

I think this counts as your claim, linked to previous posts where you suggest that there isn't any covid spreading at sports events because you go every week.

I don't use anything but I guess if the media thought attending such events caused 'spikes ' they would have been all over it, as would people on here. You telling me if you could find proof that the Government allowing people to attend sporting events had increased Covid cases you wouldn't be linking to them at every opportunity?

As others have tried to explain, due to schools and colleges going back and the general lack of use of face-masks and social distancing by most people, it is almost impossible to identify whether these events are causing spikes. The PM is going for a "cross your fingers" strategy and is ignoring calls from scientists and doctors to implement basic hygiene and mask wearing. Boris doesn't care about *you*, only about himself. This is one of the major problems of the pandemic in the UK - the number of people who only care about themselves.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
There is evidence from Euro 2020 that Covid spreads amongst football crowds / in football stadia. There is evidence of a significant increase in covid cases and deaths following the lifting of restrictions in July, which includes the lifting of restrictions around large sporting events. There is expert opinion that restrictions should perhaps not have been eased quite as much as they have been.

I don't know about proof, but then science doesn't work on proof, it works on evidence. That's an important distinction.

D

Deleted member 28

I think this counts as your claim, linked to previous posts where you suggest that there isn't any covid spreading at sports events because you go every week.
Does it, I don't think so.

I said I have seen no reports proving such, no more , no less.

D

Deleted member 28

There is evidence from Euro 2020 that Covid spreads amongst football crowds / in football stadia. There is evidence of a significant increase in covid cases and deaths following the lifting of restrictions in July, which includes the lifting of restrictions around large sporting events. There is expert opinion that restrictions should perhaps not have been eased quite as much as they have been.

I don't know about proof, but then science doesn't work on proof, it works on evidence. That's an important distinction.
But none for the 100's of event's that followed?

Which is all I said, carry on making pointless assumptions for me.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
But none for the 100's of event's that followed?

Which is all I said, carry on making pointless assumptions for me.
Yes, for the lifting of restrictions which includes those hundreds of events. No for any specific event. What's your point?

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
200+ covid deaths a day is normal?

Back to normal in terms of stuff being open, I meant. I would have been happy for the mask mandate and 6ft rule in pubs and cafes to continue as for most of us it's not much more than an inconvenience.

D

Deleted member 28

What's your point?
I was about to ask you the same,

My point is that there seems to be no proof that since the grounds have been open, specifically, there has been a significant rise in cases.

D

Deleted member 28

Back to normal in terms of stuff being open, I meant. I would have been happy for the mask mandate and 6ft rule in pubs and cafes to continue as for most of us it's not much more than an inconvenience.
I've got to disagree, the pub trade was being killed with the 2m rule.

Our local is a proper old style pub which seats around 70 in comfort spread across the 3 rooms, when they first opened they were allowed 20 people in altogether!

They couldn't physically allow the people in as they weren't allowed sit next to each other, if you don't go to the pub then clearly it wouldn't matter to you, it's like me not going to a Church?

Top Bottom