What is the point of prison?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

I know that as long as all is going OK in your little world you are as happy as a pig in sh*t, but some people look outside their own little lives and actually think about a bit more than just what's in it for them.

On the other hand thinking could be a bit of a strain for you, so stay just as sweet, and blinkered, as you are.
We can all moan about things that don't make a difference to us and pretend we're all fluffy and caring, what hardship have you encountered?

D

Deleted member 28

Taking the knee raises the blood pressure of some Tories and exposes their racism, hypocrisy etc, so a win-win.😀
It also achieves nothing, people who attend games and chant racist abuse still do and those that don't, don't care.

We can all moan about things that don't make a difference to us and pretend we're all fluffy and caring, what hardship have you encountered?

You don't need to have experienced hardship to empathise with those that have. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?

D

Deleted member 28

You don't need to have experienced hardship to empathise with those that have. Why is that so difficult for you to understand?
I do understand but I don't come on here bleating about something that's not affected me, you ever heard of virtue signalling?
"Oh dear have you heard about these poor refugees, pass the red whine darling ".
As long as it makes you sleep easier. 👍

mudsticks

Squire
It also achieves nothing, people who attend games and chant racist abuse still do and those that don't, don't care.

Show us the figures, the surveys, the evidence that proves it 'achieves nothing'

It may make some people think a bit harder , about their behaviour, even away from football matches.

It may also make a few people consider how things are for others.

You do not know what is going on in other peoples heads.
Only what is happening inside your own.

Of course there will always be a few hardcore meatheads, in all walks of life, who really genuinely don't give a shoot about anyone, but themselves.

Who genuinely don't want anything to get better for anyone else.

In my experience they're not the majority.

Some people do need to engage their brains, before opening their mouths though..

D

Deleted member 28

Too many words as usual, how can anyone 'prove' whether things are working?

You provide proof it is working then.

I do understand but I don't come on here bleating about something that's not affected me, you ever heard of virtue signalling?
"Oh dear have you heard about these poor refugees, pass the red whine darling ".
As long as it makes you sleep easier. 👍

If you do understand, that's not the way it comes across. Mostly it seems like you don't give a shoot because you don't know anyone directly affected.

mudsticks

Squire
Too many words as usual, how can anyone 'prove' whether things are working?

You provide proof it is working then.

You're the one who boldly stated it 'achieves nothing'.

But you don't know that
It's just your opinion.

In my opinion, and in others too , it may help.

What do you mean by too many words?
Is your attention span really that short?

How do you manage to sit through a film, or a football match??

D

Deleted member 28

If you do understand, that's not the way it comes across. Mostly it seems like you don't give a shoot because you don't know anyone directly affected.
I didn't say I cared, I said I understand.

D

Deleted member 28

You're the one who boldly stated it 'achieves nothing'.

But you don't know that
It's just your opinion.

In my opinion, and in others too , it may help.
As your opinion is yours, what 'others ' that you know go to football regularly and say " you know what, since the players have been kneeling down there's been far less abuse compared to before ".

Most people I speak to think it makes no difference whatsoever because the knobheads who spout this sh*t will carry on and those that don't, well won't.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Too many words

mudsticks

Squire
As your opinion is yours, what 'others ' that you know go to football regularly and say " you know what, since the players have been kneeling down there's been far less abuse compared to before ".

Most people I speak to think it makes no difference whatsoever because the knobheads who spout this sh*t will carry on and those that don't, well won't.

But some think it might make a difference, draws attention to the issue ..

So

Worth a whole ten seconds of anyone's time, right . ??

Whereas, continuing this conversation..

Probs not so much.

D

Deleted member 28

But some think it might make a difference, draws attention to the issue ..

So

Worth a whole ten seconds of anyone's time, right . ??

Whereas, continuing this conversation..

Probs not so much.
Who thinks it might make a difference is the question though isn't it, the players, the FA, the people who never go to football and see it on the television?

Top Bottom