What is a “Bike Nonce”

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
It is possibly a mistake to assume that anything said by Barton has meaning ;)

spen666

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/london/jeremy-vine-joey-barton-bike-nonce-cycling-b1145229.html

Jeremy Vine is suing Joey Barton for calling him a “bike nonce”. He’s turning into the next Lozza Fox.

The problem seems to be he has linked him to Rolf Harris and Schofield suggesting some sort of child sexual attraction.

I think even worse is the tweet saying if you see this man outside a school dial 999

I'm really not sure how Joey Barton can defend that one

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Pillock. I've actually stuck up for him in the past, having done a bit of work with a charity he was involved in while he was at NUFC, but he does himself no favours with stuff like this.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
'Paedo' seems to be the playground insult de nos jours.

Very true, and invariably, with zero evidence.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I was thinking about this for whatever reason this morning, and I suppose it's a "natural" progression from the term 'bus w*nker' from The Inbetweeners.

I used to get called a 'Metro w*nker' at work, but having not seen The Inbetweeners I never got it.

OP
OP
Beebo

Beebo

Veteran
I was thinking about this for whatever reason this morning, and I suppose it's a "natural" progression from the term 'bus w*nker' from The Inbetweeners.

I used to get called a 'Metro w*nker' at work, but having not seen The Inbetweeners I never got it.

I think you’re right. It’s clearly a deliberate attempt to belittle cyclists.
The name calling would be just childish if he hadn’t deliberately linked the word nonce with Rolf Harris, Schofield and local schools.
In which case he’s moved away from just childish name calling to libellous comment.
Why not just call Vine a cycle self-gratification artist?
Barton appears unhinged.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I think you’re right. It’s clearly a deliberate attempt to belittle cyclists.
The name calling would be just childish if he hadn’t deliberately linked the word nonce with Rolf Harris, Schofield and local schools.
In which case he’s moved away from just childish name calling to libellous comment.
Why not just call Vine a cycle self-gratification artist?
Barton appears unhinged.

I agree, not necessarily about the unhinged part, but everything else is spot on.

There is a picture of Vine with Harris, which I suspect is what tipped Barton's mind over the edge.

Fairly typical for knuckle draggers to hurl his sort of abuse at cyclists. I'm surprised he doesn't drive a scaffolding van

Top Bottom