Twitter under Musk....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

albion

Guru
The BBC described Twitter as something like 'having a far right base' for its users.
I am not so sure, although Musk is certainly wooing them all. DeSantis was a way to hedge is bets whilst drumming up expanding custom. A failed 1st attempt with a live Youtube like broadcast.

albion

Guru
Gearing up for more election lies?
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-65733969

theclaud

Reading around the chip

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I refuse to believe that you can't bathe in mercury.

1692091839193.png

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I genuinely love that sort of thing.

It's reassuring amid the chaos to know that most people get it. An antidote to algorithmic amplification.

Pale Rider

Veteran
I know the whole platform is f*cked now,

In what way?

Genuine question.

My only experience of Twitter is from links on here and in the mainstream media.

Nearly every one was a disappointment so I no longer bother clicking on them.

It's always struck me as a waste of space, so it's hard for me to grasp how it could be any more f*cked now than it was previously.

In what way?

Genuine question.

As a forum for political etc debate etc it was never my cup of tea.

Using it as a virtual pub for chit chat, whether about politics or wider issues in life, seemed to hard work. Prefer to do the debate stuff here and on one or two other forums. Facebook does it for stuff about holidays, old school etc.

However it is, or perhaps was pre Musk, a massive place for serious announcements by governments, politicos of all hues and persuasions as well as industries etc. Follow us on Twitter was so common as to be self evident for things like service disruptions on public transport. Almost part of the infrastructure.

It's at that level that Musk has destroyed it by treating it as a personal plaything.

I really don't care to much about Twitter, but what's happening with it now is what happens if you let an man-child basically buy it, who has a obsession with certain type of comics.(the X rebrands comes from a comic.)
However the other side of the medal is in many ways how twitter is run now is exactly the same as it was just with an more right bias instead of an left one.
So for some people it's an forced look in the mirror.
It's an private company you don't have to be on their platform.

• Laugh
Reactions: C R
Top Bottom