Twitter under Musk....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Its free speech, you can say what you believe.

On my old account I spoke freely, expressing my opinion that Laurence Fox is a racist cünt. That's something I strongly believe to be true, and that also has considerable evidential basis which establishes it as grounded in fact, rather than a simple unsubstantiated belief.

And would you believe, I got perma-banned.

CXRAndy

Veteran
On my old account I spoke freely, expressing my opinion that Laurence Fox is a racist cünt. That's something I strongly believe to be true, and that also has considerable evidential basis which establishes it as grounded in fact, rather than a simple unsubstantiated belief.

And would you believe, I got perma-banned.

Was that when it was wokey, macwoke face policy?

Ive only just got the app, so don't have experience of the over zealous adjudication. I Heard about it

AndyRM

Elder Goth

Ive only just got the app, so don't have experience of the over zealous adjudication. I Heard about it

What, you mean when it tried (with limited success) to actually police the content, rather than having an owner who agrees with anti Semitic Tweets? Or do we call them 'kisses' now?

Twitter has had many problems over the years, not least because it was pretty much a free-for-all initially and people treated it as such, not realising that the nonsense they spouted would be stored, somewhere, and easily accessible in the future.

Reactions: C R

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed

I suspect it's what happens when Somebody Important sees a tweet from a nobody that's aimed at them, and really doesn't like it.

The Musk chaos enabled me to circumvent rules about banned users setting up new IDs/accounts but I strongly suspect if I adressed similar comments to similar sorts of favoured users, exactly the same thing would happen. So these days I'm mostly there to take the piss & watch Musk burn it down.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
It's always been a site with inconsistent moderation, dependent on which views were considered acceptable by the moderating team. That's the nature of all social media.

albion

Guru
It's always been a site with inconsistent moderation, dependent on which views were considered acceptable by the moderating team. That's the nature of all social media.
Apart from suspensions. Known fraudsters.
Alternate facts is not free speech. It is fraud.

Reactions: C R

albion

Guru

matticus

Guru
Isn't that the case on all social media though? There's no format worse than Facebook for scams for example.

Facebook delegates moderation to users (i.e. group/page admin peeps). Maybe users like to think Twitter is bigger/better than that.
Maybe.

AuroraSaab

Legendary Member
As such the moderation is down to the whims and prejudices of individual FB moderators as much as it is down to who is heading up moderation on Twitter then. Same on Reddit, where individual moderators can run forums according the their own prejudices. I guess the difference on Twitter is that it isn't split into sections like Mastodon or FB or Reddit groups so nasty stuff is more likely to pop up in your feed than it would elsewhere. Twitter could certainly do a lot better on the moderating front but I'm not sure it's any worse than anywhere else.

Apart from suspensions. Known fraudsters.
So now the TLDR is X.com takes actions against said accounts, but you don't agree with said actions so you downplay the actions and criminalize the ones the actions are taken against.
It's your freedom to say that to a certain extent, but it's not your freedom to say/dictate which actions X should take, that's up to either X or law enforcement.

Alternate facts is not free speech. It is fraud.
That really depends there are indeed ''alternative facts'' that are downright lies, (deliberate)misinterpretations and so further and so forth. but they are not limited to social media. The amount of snacks/products/etc. sold with the word ''PROTEIN'' these days while it should say ''SUGAR'' instead for example are just the same.

But there are other area's where things are less clear, you can't claim just because someone shows something from an different angle it has to be an scam. (the fact that the majority of these things are actually either scams or conspiracy's does not take anything away from this point)

Indeed. Only then high profile scammers NORMALLY/QUICKLY get banned
It that statement based on any fact or is it just based on your views? Because my experience certainly is very different, then again ''normally/quickly'' is quite up for interpretation..

Top Bottom