The headlines today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

Migrants.....a manufacturered crisis to distract from the bigger issues.

But enough of this wokey logic,we've a culture war to fight.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Migrants.....a manufacturered crisis to distract from the bigger issues.
View attachment 254

But enough of this wokey logic,we've a culture war to fight.

No problem with refugees coming here, but, for balance how about a comparison taking into account country size, France, for example, is more than a smidgen bigger than UK.

France is 2.3x bigger than UK, in land area

Germany 1.5x bigger than UK, in land area (so, still doing well on the refugee front)

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 28

Can you demonstrate that the UK is overcrowded?

Because by any measure it's simply not. It's a tired old trope that's endlessly trotted-out for the hard of thinking....
There's 10 Million or so more people here than there was in the '90's so that's enough proof I need, you're the hard of seeing mate that's the problem.

Just look at net migration, it's steadily increasing year on year.

Last edited by a moderator:

swansonj

Regular
There's 10 Million or so more people here than there was in the '90's so that's enough proof I need, you're the hard of seeing mate that's the problem.

1637687698759.png

Would you care to tell us at exactly what point the UK became "overcrowded"? Is the threshold precisely 10 million less than we have now?

How confident are you that the party you voted for will reduce net migration? Are you concerned that they won't even declare a target any more, or do you still have faith?

D

Deleted member 28

How confident are you that the party you voted for will reduce net migration? Are you concerned that they won't even declare a target any more, or do you still have faith?
Not really but I doubt Labour ever will, I saw Brexit as a chance at least.

matticus

Guru
View attachment 255
Would you care to tell us at exactly what point the UK became "overcrowded"? Is the threshold precisely 10 million less than we have now?
An odd question, MrJ.
Were either of you around in 1800? Unlikely to notice an increase that happened that long ago.

D

Deleted member 28

Not here, lil' buddy. Scotland has not elected a Tory government in sixty six years.

Still doesn't get their boot off our necks, though.
I would imagine life must be perfect up there then, especially when Labour was in 'down here '.

I would imagine life must be perfect up there then, especially when Labour was in 'down here '.
I imagine many Scots (and don’t forget the non-Scottish residents of Scotland) think there are a few more steps to be taken before perfection becomes a serious prospect.

Is there a reason that you want to frame matters as either perfection or shite? Is it perhaps that subtlety and shades of grey negate whatever argument you think you’re making?

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Hardly. There is a corrupt UK Tory government and their attack-dog media, hell-bent on removing the little autonomy Scotland is allowed, lying and misinforming on an industrial scale, undermining and demeaning Scotland's legitimately elected government, while asset-stripping the nation's huge wealth of natural resources. For a start.

When Labour was 'in down there', yes, things were better. Amongst other things Scotland achieved devolution and gained its own parliament under Labour - and also sent a large majority of Labour MPs to Westminster. Scotland elected Labour governments for many, many years.

Hardly. There is a corrupt UK Tory government and their attack-dog media, hell-bent on removing the little autonomy Scotland is allowed, lying and misinforming on an industrial scale, undermining and demeaning Scotland's legitimately elected government, while asset-stripping the nation's huge wealth of natural resources. For a start.

When Labour was 'in down there', yes, things were better. Amongst other things Scotland achieved devolution and gained its own parliament under Labour - and also sent a large majority of Labour MPs to Westminster. Scotland elected Labour governments for many, many years.

The days of Scotland sending loads of Labour MPs to Westminster are long gone, thankfully.

Top Bottom