The headlines today...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Archie_tect

Corbyn's suspended now so not even a Labour MP, never mind leader. But people tend to forget that he came within ten bribed-for-a-billion-quid seats of forming a government in 2017. After that, the right-wing establishment and its media lackeys made damn sure it was never going to happen again.
This...

mudsticks

Squire
Under every government that's been in power so they're all as good as each other then, I assume taxes go some way to paying for all the above which both my Mom and Dad paid throughout their working lives, as did my Grandfather, myself and my missus so what's your point exactly?

Yes most of us pay tax - apart from some very rich and selfish people who will often pay someone else to help them, avoid making their fair contribution.

So you've not noticed the chronic and deliberate underfunding of these services under supposed 'austerity' measures over the past eleven years plus, of this Conservative 'government'.??

Has that all passed you by in your cosy bubble of football matches, beer with the lads, and jaunts out in the campervan .??

All going on while a sizeable ( but much smaller) chunk of the population gets disproportionately richer through property assets, exploiting others, and pulling up the drawbridge for the younger generation.

Zero hours contracts becoming normalised, food banks becoming normalised, people suffering and even dying under the current ' Universal credit' ' benefits' regime.

Tax regimes skewed in such a way that the already well off get even better off via, 'buy to let' schemes etc etc.

The total con of a brexit that was supposed to make the country better off but has just impoverished it in numerous ways - not just financially - and is still many years off from 'being done' despite what some parts of the tabloid press might suggest to you .

Tory chums handing lucrative contracts to their Tory chums, handing out control of public assets even, but hey who cares about that?.

Oh gosh, I've doubtless surpassed the word count already.

tl;dr I agree with you - there are wayy too many taking the p*ss nowadays ...
here are some of them making plans for more of it ..

1637661018036.png

I suspect your ancestors would see whats happening immediately - but you've been lured in by the 'greed is good'- 'no such thing as society' - (or even basic humanity) 'every man for himself' ethos of late capitalism , right ??

D

Deleted member 28

So I ask once again, how come they keep getting in then?

Too many people in the country for starters, population has gone up by about 10 Million since the '90's and a lot of that is due to net migration.

If the last lot (Labour) did such a good job what made the very people needing all this help jump ship?

Last edited by a moderator:

Archie_tect

Too many people in the country for starters, population has gone up by about 10 Million since the '90's and a lot of that is due to net migration.

If the last lot (Labour) did such a good job what made the very people needing all this help jump ship?
:banghead:Sorry shep, if you can't see why after all this time then you'll never see why. I genuinely hope you never have to but by then it'll be too late.

mudsticks

Squire

Too many people not paying attention to what's actually going on, and buying into the bull supplied by tabloid papers.

Easily digested nuggets of untruths, and half truths, supplied to feed peoples false sense of victimhood, and prejudices.

Have you ever wondered why these 'news'papers owned and controlled by very very rich people, are so intent on getting 'ordinary' people like yourself to hate on 'bogus' asylum seekers, benefit 'scroungers' and all these 'woke leftie' 'do gooders'.

Do you seriously think those people benefitting from the divisiveness, hatred, and xenophobia they're stirring up, really and truly give a stuff about the likes of yourself.??

Have you ever considered just for a moment that they may be trying to manipulate you to further their own ends?

To get you to accept policies - such as lax labour laws, lax tax regimes, leaving the EU and its public protecting regulatory schemes, privatisation of public assets -

- All that happening benefits them.

Not you .

D

Deleted member 28

:banghead:Sorry shep, if you can't see why after all this time then you'll never see why. I genuinely hope you never have to but by then it'll be too late.
Seems to me it's you that's banging your head, it appears you know better but whatever you do or say the dreaded Tories seem to keep getting in.

Archie_tect

Seems to me it's you that's banging your head, it appears you know better but whatever you do or say the dreaded Tories seem to keep getting in.
That's EXACTLY how I do feel shep... the only vote I have is in a Conservative seat so safe the padlocks holding it down have been welded shut.

I do hope for a Government that spends the surpluses that the UK creates in a more caring way, that looks after the poorest and most vulnerable who can't, for whatever reason, look after themselves. Yes, those of us like you and me are insulated from being in that situation by working hard and being fortunate enough to have been able to do that for long enough to be secure from hardship but that is so easily lost through ill-health or other circumstances- that's when we would appreciate a more caring Government and I hope we never are in that place- but in order to prepare for that eventuality for everyone's benefit I would vote for a more caring Government now, but you wouldn't- and THAT's why I'm banging my head.

D

Deleted member 28

Same here, Labour almost always get in around here, Wolverhampton, but I keep doing my best!

Where I live is a Conservative area (Enoch was our man at one stage) but on the whole Wolvo is a sh*thole so Labour generally get in, which is probably why.

Last edited by a moderator:
When it comes down to it, no matter any other half-hearted attempts at justification, it's always farking immigration, isn't it?

Indeed. This speaks volumes, doesn't it? (My bold)

Same here, Labour almost always get in around here, Wolverhampton, but I keep doing my best!

Where I live is a Conservative area (Enoch was our man at one stage) but on the whole Wolvo is a sh*thole so Labour generally get in, which is probably why.

D

Deleted member 28

When it comes down to it, no matter any other half-hearted attempts at justification, it's always farking immigration, isn't it?
It doesn't help matters the country being over crowded as much as you like to think it makes no difference.

Top Bottom