Swearing and/or offensive language

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Perhaps the solution is we* should all "self identify" with a list of words, and contexts which we find offensive?

Then, before speaking, within earshot of another person, we check their lists, to be sure we don't offend?

* ie, everyone in the world.

No, just have some thought for others.

A fart in itself is not offensive, and can be a beautiful thing, but most people are able to not let one rip in the company of others, at least some of the time.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

A fart in itself is not offensive but most people are able to not let one rip in the company of others, at least some of the time.

Indeed.

Given the general tone of this forum, I am amazed it has taken so long for those words to be uttered, in this thread.

Well done for being first.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Jowwy did I not at various times say give it up to both of you ? It's not for me to mod the site.Id have just ignored it if it bothered me.

Yes, but it was happening long before i got here, which meant it was already normalised within the forum.

Im not blaming your personally

mudsticks

Squire

A fart in itself is not offensive, and can be a beautiful thing, but most people are able to not let one rip in the company of others, at least some of the time.

Isn't 'having some thought for others' merely another version of being 'woke' 😳??

Just said in more words .??

That won't be a very popular idea with those of our members, who claim to 'say it how they see it' or whom prefer 'earthy' humour...🙄

But surely we all have different grades of eructation friendship..??

There's farting friends,

burping friends,

and then

'i don't yet feel comfortable enough with you for either' friends..

Or is that just me ??🤔

D

Deleted member 28

You're not offended by my choice of words are you? They're just words.:wacko:

Are you getting confused about who said 'they're only words ' ?

I'm amused that you appear unable to refer to someone as being Black, that's all.

Isn't everyone a 'person of colour ' otherwise they would be transparent?

D

Deleted member 28

I have South Asian heritage friends and colleagues that would be rightly annoyed if I called them black. Most are not keen on POC or BAME either.

I guess they would prefer Asian?

I think we all know that it's White people that come up with this bullsh*t to make them feel good, Caribbean
/African are Black.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Isn't 'having some thought for others' merely another version of being 'woke' 😳??

Just said in more words .??

That won't be a very popular idea with those of our members, who claim to 'say it how they see it' or whom prefer 'earthy' humour...🙄

But surely we all have different grades of eructation friendship..??

There's farting friends,

burping friends,

and then

'i don't yet feel comfortable enough with you for either' friends..

Or is that just me ??🤔
I know I woke this morning so I suppose I could just about pass as awake, and I still remember that verse I learned as a child: A burp is just a breath of air which cometh from the heart, but when it takes a downward plunge it's sometimes called a fart".

I'm afraid I lost touch with my farting friends 57 years ago.

mudsticks

Squire
I know I woke this morning so I suppose I could just about pass as awake, and I still remember that verse I learned as a child: A burp is just a breath of air which cometh from the heart, but when it takes a downward plunge it's sometimes called a fart".

I'm afraid I lost touch with my farting friends 57 years ago.

Oh no that's a tragedy..

The last part that is...

What happened??

All swept away in an avalanche ??😕

Thing is, we could all be your Farting Friend's..

And no one would ever know.. 😇

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Are you getting confused about who said 'they're only words ' ?

I'm amused that you appear unable to refer to someone as being Black, that's all.

Isn't everyone a 'person of colour ' otherwise they would be transparent?

I'm happy to refer to anyone as anything they want, but am never sure about the latest racial etiquette. There is a valid reason why "people of colour" became used and that's when I started using it instead of black. I am not aware when it became so yesterday. :blush:

D

Deleted member 28

I'm happy to refer to anyone as anything they want, but am never sure about the latest racial etiquette. There is a valid reason why "people of colour" became used and that's when I started using it instead of black. I am not aware when it became so yesterday. :blush:

Do 'they ' want an elderly white person to refer to them as something different to what you may have done years ago or are you signalling again?

Aren't we people of colour, White last time Iooked?

Ian H

Guru
Do 'they ' want an elderly white person to refer to them as something different to what you may have done years ago or are you signalling again?

Aren't we people of colour, White last time Iooked?

'People of colour' is an inclusive term referring to those ethnic groups likely to suffer discrimination. Asian friends will sometimes use the term 'brown people'.

Top Bottom