Swearing and/or offensive language

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
I'm happy to refer to anyone as anything they want, but am never sure about the latest racial etiquette. There is a valid reason why "people of colour" became used and that's when I started using it instead of black. I am not aware when it became so yesterday. :blush:

Current racial etiquette is to refer to them as their skin colour or ethnic origin….

so Black, asian, carribean etc etc ……but not a “person of colour”.
Hope this helps

D

Deleted member 28

'People of colour' is an inclusive term referring to those ethnic groups likely to suffer discrimination. Asian friends will sometimes use the term 'brown people'.

Created by who, or whom if your being particularly cuntish, I've heard it's not really a term non white people are fond of?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Do 'they ' want an elderly white person to refer to them as something different to what you may have done years ago or are you signalling again?

Aren't we people of colour, White last time Iooked?

Times change, use of words change. Why use words that are now considered by many to be wrong because "that's the way it used to be"? Not virtue signalling, just trying not to be unnecessarily offensive, and if you are interested it will take just a couple of seconds to find out how the term came to be used. If not, carry on as you were.

Technically speaking, of course, white and black are not colours.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Oh no that's a tragedy..
The last part that is...
What happened??
All swept away in an avalanche ??😕

Thing is, we could all be your Farting Friend's..

And no one would ever know.. 😇

I went to university and l and my school friends went our own ways. Lost touch with all but one who is still my closest friend. We have stopped farting out loud in each other's company, especially when our wives are present. :angel:

D

Deleted member 28

Times change, use of words change. Why use words that are now considered by many to be wrong because "that's the way it used to be"? Not virtue signalling, just trying not to be unnecessarily offensive, and if you are interested it will take just a couple of seconds to find out how the term came to be used. If not, carry on as you were.

Who says calling a person from Jamaica Black is offensive?

Not White Jamaican's before you try and be smart.

I guess they would prefer Asian?
They are usually happiest when they’re thought of as Dev and Dave but if pressed they’d describe themselves as British Indian.
I think we all know that it's White people that come up with this bullsh*t to make them feel good
I don’t think that is always true. People of the Global Majority is gaining popularity in some circles. Guess what? Times change, language changes, and opinions differ.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Who says calling a person from Jamaica Black is offensive?

Not White Jamaican's before you try and be smart.

I would have to ask someone from Jamaica about whether they find it offensive.
A friend of mine from Pakistan does find it offensive.

It is true that you can never please everyone, so I try to take the line of least offence.....no skin off my nose.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

Definitely a good objective (IMHO).

D

Deleted member 28

I would have to ask someone from Jamaica about whether they find it offensive.
A friend of mine from Pakistan does find it offensive.

It is true that you can never please everyone, so I try to take the line of least offence.....no skin off my nose.

Pakistan people aren't referred to as Black though are they?

Why not just try a little less hard then?

Sorry, no brownie points for that.

Oh no! I said brownie!

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Pakistan people aren't referred to as Black though are they?

Why not just try a little less hard then?

Sorry, no brownie points for that.

Oh no! I said brownie!

They are referred to as that by many, perhaps not you. Not sure what term you use.

Try a little less hard at what? No problem to me.

D

Deleted member 28

They are referred to as that by many, perhaps not you. Not sure what term you use.

Try a little less hard at what? No problem to me.

Asian's generally, at pleasing people as you look desperate to be PC.

Top Bottom