Sooner or later, and, now it has happened

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

Now we're no longer in the EU , the EU isn't obliged to cooperate with us over dealing with such matters..

So yes, it's a factor in there.

Did no one warn you??
My stance is exactly the same as before, stop somewhere short of the channel and seek asylum there.

mudsticks

Squire
And miss all the pointless cr@p we bicker about, no thanks.

So why are you moaning about us talking about the problems caused by brexit then?

You want us all to lie and say

"Yeah brexit is great for everyone "

Rusty Nails

Country Member
The asylum seekers, me voting for Brexit has caused that?
Brexit has made it more difficult to return asylum seekers not gaining approval to stay to other countries in the EU. AIUI when we were in the EU there was an agreement in place whereby they could be returned to the country they came through.

No wonder I don't fit in here.

You know full well you play up to that role. You have previously said that that is why you come on this forum.

At least you appear to be sure of support from one person so you aren't completely isolated. :rolleyes:

mudsticks

Squire
My stance is exactly the same as before, stop somewhere short of the channel and seek asylum there.

Why should we not take asylum seekers.??

Other countries do, take far more..

Other countries far less rich than us.

Why should we not give refuge to our fair share.?

Is this country really that mean minded.?

I don't think it is, in truth.

It's just a few low life oafs trying to get in the way of a lifeboat.

How shameful.

D

Deleted member 28

I didn't say we shouldn't take them but what's the answer, we live on an island?

I've asked a number of times for people's suggestions, lay a weekly ferry on, a flight, eurostar?

What would you do then?

mudsticks

Squire
I didn't say we shouldn't take them but what's the answer, we live on an island?

I've asked a number of times for people's suggestions, lay a weekly ferry on, a flight, eurostar?

What would you do then?

We set up safe routes for people who need to claim asylum.

The government have been promising to do this for some time.

Yes in some cases that may even involve a ferry.

Edited to add, and we stop cutting aid to countries in need.
We stop selling armaments to countries using them against civilians.

We meet our obligations to help with climate change damages and climate change mitigation in vulnerable countries.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 28

So why are you moaning about us talking about the problems caused by brexit then?

You want us all to lie and say

"Yeah brexit is great for everyone "
It's pointless because all the moaning in the world won't change things, all get together, charter a decent boat and fetch a few over.

That's the kind of thing that would impress me, not this endless whining whilst living in relative luxury.

D

Deleted member 28

Bit vague?

Details please, where would you collect these people from for example? Let them get to France and ask who fancies coming over?

mudsticks

Squire
It's pointless because all the moaning in the world won't change things, all get together, charter a decent boat and fetch a few over.

That's the kind of thing that would impress me, not this endless whining whilst living in relative luxury.

Sure I'd happily do that, not sure about logistics but it must be possible right??

That'd show those idiots trying to mess with lifeboats .

mudsticks

Squire
Bit vague?

Details please, where would you collect these people from for example? Let them get to France and ask who fancies coming over?

I'm not an expert on those details , there are people who are though.

People who deal with asylum seekers as their job.

D

Deleted member 28

Edited to add, and we stop cutting aid to countries in need.
We stop selling armaments to countries using them against civilians.

We meet our obligations to help with climate change damages and cliate change mitigation in vulnerable countries.
Good luck there then, which party will be doing all that?

OP
OP
BoldonLad

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

An action replay of our "finest hour", Dunkirk spirit and all that.... they could probably even make a film for Netflix. They would have to be careful who they gave distribution rights too, couldn't have that Bezos making even more money.

Top Bottom