Sooner or later, and, now it has happened

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
What is a 'safe route ' by the way?

A route by which people can get here without risking their lives.

In the past we've brought very limited numbers out by air from Syria. What about the unfulfilled promises for those Afghans who supported us from 2001 to 21?

The so called Dubbs Amendment was meant to allow a safe route by whatever means of travel for unaccompanied minors with relatives here. Patel's so busy aping Enoch that that's not happening any longer.

As regards those in France we could negotiate with the French so that (a) we open an office in Calais to process applications from those with good reason to come here like presence of rellies, service to UK interests or kith/kin here and quid pro quo (b) we can return illegals who try and cross anyway.

In the event it'll be more complicated but let's stop the Canute stuff.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I think all those who drown trying to get here would disagree!
Trying to be a smartar$e backfires on occasion.

My response was to this statement you made:

I didn't say we shouldn't take them but what's the answer, we live on an island?

If we make it easier for them to come via authorised means of transport they need not risk drowning, the fact we are on an island is irrelevant, unless you think that makes us more likely to be overcrowded.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
How do they get so far through all these other countries with no paper's then, you said they could do it legally?
They walk/are transported across borders, which I am not sure is illegal, although it may be not approved of. They can then claim asylum in any country they travel to. Most claim asylum in European countries, not necessarily the first they land in, but some want to claim asylum here.

D

Deleted member 49

Reading the wiki entry I see that the 'Tettenhall Dick' is a thing.
Yea it's becoming clearer....I have been 😁

D

Deleted member 28

Who is this 'you all' of which you speak??

I've never met anyone on here.

(Well not as far as I know)

What is this thing about lumping everyone together.as one amorphous mass in your head??

Is the bit you're in ok because it's Tory,
or Tory because people there are doing ok??
Good question, we have a Manor you know, Wightwick, the West side of Town has always been the more affluent.
Funny Tettenhall is mentioned as that's where the Missus comes from.

mudsticks

Squire
Good question, we have a Manor you know, Wightwick, the West side of Town has always been the more affluent.
Funny Tettenhall is mentioned as that's where the Missus comes from.

The west side often is.
Legend being that the prevailing westerlies blow all the pollution eastwards..

Don't know if that's really the reason, but it often seems to hold true.

I stayed in Wolverhampton once, in the early 2000's , at the house of the parents of a friend of mine.

I don't know if it was the in the posh bit or not, but the whole place was perfectly preserved 1970's decor.. Quite striking .

D

Deleted member 28

The west side often is.
Legend being that the prevailing westerlies blow all the pollution eastwards..

Don't know if that's really the reason, but it often seems to hold true.

I stayed in Wolverhampton once, in the early 2000's , at the house of the parents of a friend of mine.

I don't know if it was the in the posh bit or not, but the whole place was perfectly preserved 1970's decor.. Quite striking .
The wind theory is what's believed here too so could have some substance, sound's like my kind of place.....stuck in the past!

mudsticks

Squire
The wind theory is what's believed here too so could have some substance, sound's like my kind of place.....stuck in the past!

Nostalgia for swirly brown wallpaper?
well ok, whatever does it for you.

Would have been very modern in its day though.

D

Deleted member 28

You have been. And dragged the decent people down with you. What a victory that was!
I don't mind playing games with you pal.

I know plenty of 'decent' people who don't feel they've been dragged down, or are you only decent if you voted remain or have been negatively affected?

Top Bottom