Common law

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

If you mean me, I'm not from East Anglia. I just live here now. Some of us do move more than 5 minutes away from our birthplace and the safety of a pub full of like-minded bores.

What it's got to do with voting is that these common law sov cit anti vax recruits are going to vote overwhelmingly for a certain wing, aren't they? I don't expect many of them to go around calling for a totalitarian communist revolution! Even if there aren't enough to elect a total nutjob even at local government level, they'll drag the Overton Window across.
So how do you think engaging with these lot and attempting to change their views on vaccination will suddenly turn them into left wing communists?

Fill your boots pal.

By the way, how do you know the pub I frequent is full of 'bores'? because we don't talk about council legislation and the latest Cycle path proposal?

Thank goodness they are :laugh:.

Tonight's 'hot topics' in the 'shep's arm's' will mostly be where to watch Tomorrow's game against Brentford, the upcoming trip to the Chester races and the next campervan outing in February. I might also broach the subject of road/off road ride cycle for Sunday depending on who's in tonight.

Last edited by a moderator:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
If you mean me, I'm not from East Anglia. I just live here now. Some of us do move more than 5 minutes away from our birthplace and the safety of a pub full of like-minded bores.

What it's got to do with voting is that these common law sov cit anti vax recruits are going to vote overwhelmingly for a certain wing, aren't they? I don't expect many of them to go around calling for a totalitarian communist revolution! Even if there aren't enough to elect a total nutjob even at local government level, they'll drag the Overton Window across.

Has old Piers done a full circle and become a right-winger then?

A totalitarian anything is a no-no in my book, right or left.

mjr

So how do you think engaging with these lot and attempting to change their views on vaccination will suddenly turn them into left wing communists?
Where did I say any of that? The aim of rebutting their nonsense in general groups is to reduce how many they recruit.

By the way, how do you know the pub I frequent is full of 'bores'?
Call it a lucky guess(!)

Has old Piers done a full circle and become a right-winger then?
Did you miss the word "overwhelmingly" in there? One counterexample would not contradict that.

But I'm not even sure if he is a counterexample because there wasn't exactly much communism in Let London Live's manifesto for Piers's mayoralty attempt. I think his politics could currently be summarised as "farked up".

D

Deleted member 28

Where did I say any of that? The aim of rebutting their nonsense in general groups is to reduce how many they recruit.
What's the bit about voting mean then?

BoldonLad

Call it a lucky guess(!)

Did you miss the word "overwhelmingly" in there? One counterexample would not contradict that.

But I'm not even sure if he is a counterexample because there wasn't exactly much communism in Let London Live's manifesto for Piers's mayoralty attempt. I think his politics could currently be summarised as "farked up".

Living as I do, some 320 miles North of London, I didn't study the manifesto of any (London) Mayoral Candidates, in detail, or, indeed, at all.

mjr

What's the bit about voting mean then?
I'm sure the children your daughter works with can explain it to you.

Living as I do, some 320 miles North of London, I didn't study the manifesto of any (London) Mayoral Candidates, in detail, or, indeed, at all.
Nor I, although we are affected by London politics more, only 100 miles away, but it was easy to look up. Why even suggest he's totalitarian communist?

BoldonLad

I'm sure the children your daughter works with can explain it to you.

Nor I, although we are affected by London politics more, only 100 miles away, but it was easy to look up. Why even suggest he's totalitarian communist?

? I didn't, I asked if he had joined the right wing. The word "Communist" was not present in any of my replies.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 28

You must have bloody long lunch breaks then.
Lazy day today so a bit bored.

Top Bottom