Common law

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I think you may think it a little more than “disruption”, if you are seriously ill and waiting for an ambulance which is held up, in the “disruption”.
Agreed i didn't say they protest where all that great but still something else than vandalising an vaccination site, claiming to police officer they need to arrest/close down vaccination centres and so on. Alltough i don't agree with ambulances being held up, the intention is clearly different than visiting an test site and vandalizing it.
Insulate Britain have a far weaker case. Their demands are superficial. I don't know if they take chances with their own safety, but their campaign would seem to be concerned with energy, so they should target energy interests to be effective. I therefore wonder if their organisers can be entirely sincere.

I also wonder this about the anti-vaxx protests that target hospitals.
Well it's reducing something to a single issue and then with hammering on that every-time trying to create the picture if that's solved then everything will be ok. Contrary is off course closer to the reality. (you need to focus on much more than one issue to fully solve most issues.)

theclaud

Reading around the chip
I think you may think it a little more than “disruption”, if you are seriously ill and waiting for an ambulance which is held up, in the “disruption”.
Wait til you find out about private cars.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I don’t believe discouraging private car use makes the problem worse overall. The odd protest is insignificant when compared with the daily chaos on our streets.

I am sure you are right, unless, as I said, you are the person waiting for the ambulance or fire engine, that day.

I am sure you are right, unless, as I said, you are the person waiting for the ambulance or fire engine, that day.
I’m still not sure why protests should be considered worthy of particular attention when examining reasons for emergency service delays.

Beebo

Veteran
All big sport events cause traffic chaos.
Every week there are road closures around Premier league grounds. Wembley and Twickenham regularly grind to a halt with road closures on international match days.
Pro cycle races cause major disruption.

Yet the only argument against insulate Britain is that a few ambulances got stuck.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I’m still not sure why protests should be considered worthy of particular attention when examining reasons for emergency service delays.
Who says i was giving them particular attention?, perhaps I deplore other aspects of traffic queues too (unnecessary school run journeys, for example).

spen666

All big sport events cause traffic chaos.
Every week there are road closures around Premier league grounds. Wembley and Twickenham regularly grind to a halt with road closures on international match days.
Pro cycle races cause major disruption.

Yet the only argument against insulate Britain is that a few ambulances got stuck.
There is a big difference- in the events you describe the disruption is not deliberate or the aim

with Insulate Britain the intent is to cause disruption and delay

Milkfloat

There is a big difference- in the events you describe the disruption is not deliberate or the aim

with Insulate Britain the intent is to cause disruption and delay
I was under the impression that their aim was that "the government should fund the insulation of all social housing by 2025 and "legally-binding national plan" for a low energy and low carbon retrofit of all homes in Britain by 2030."

icowden

Legendary Member
I was under the impression that their aim was that "the government should fund the insulation of all social housing by 2025 and "legally-binding national plan" for a low energy and low carbon retrofit of all homes in Britain by 2030."
That's the one. Perhaps they felt that just asking nicely wouldn't work, and they don't have a few million quid to bribe Boris?

Top Bottom