Common law

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Johnno260

Regular
I’m seeing this phrase used a lot now, I checked out their website and I must say it’s awful, follow the money as you have to pay to be a member.

Also they upload personal details of each member to their website including birth certificate details, that seems like a huge error to me in an age were personal details can be abused online by dubious people.

It seems to have its roots in the sovereign citizen movement and it’s been heavily adopted into the anti vax campaign, we have the other rather militant Alpha Men Assemble group as well.

View: https://twitter.com/sfinn80/status/1483398676118712321?s=21

I shared some other common law threads I the anti vaxer thread, I didn’t want to double post them.

They have made some huge errors like removing an elderly patient in Ireland as well.

https://www.irishpost.com/news/joe-...y-anti-vaxxers-laid-to-rest-in-donegal-220817

I think Drago was ex police, but it would be nice to get any ex or serving officers opinion on these idiots.

They seem to think they can use force under common law, but my reading of that is any citizen can restrain someone if a crimes being committed like an assault, but if you forcibly restrain someone who hasn’t committed a crime I think that’s common assault?

For example he says I can use force:

View: https://twitter.com/covidradicals/status/1483224234541424641?s=21

downesy

I applaud the patience of the people confronted by these oafs, they must pick their targets very carefully. I think we all know places where they would be asked leave,very robustly

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
They seem to think they can use force under common law, but my reading of that is any citizen can restrain someone if a crimes being committed like an assault, but if you forcibly restrain someone who hasn’t committed a crime I think that’s common assault?

For example he says I can use force

They are talking complete bollocks and they know it.

Never discuss anything with them and don't engage with them after you've told them to fark off. They are completely without authority.

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Regular
They are talking complete bollocks and they know it.

Never discuss anything with them and don't engage with them after you've told them to fark off. They are completely without authority.

Some got into my wife’s unit, I told her ignore them and if they touch you it’s common assault.

Beebo

Veteran
This has passed me by fortunately.

But to call yourself a common law constable, declare a crime scene and attempt to serve so sort of quasi legal documents is very odd and worrying.

Some people are very strange.

Problem is that these things snowball as other fringe nutjobs join until it becomes an 'Antigovernment Movement' and before you know it were becoming a pale reflection of American right. Look at the origins of the Anti-Abortion movement in th estates (Jon Ronson did a great program about this), it's now a major theme of American politics.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
This has passed me by fortunately.

But to call yourself a common law constable, declare a crime scene and attempt to serve so sort of quasi legal documents is very odd and worrying.

Some people are very strange.

Indeed.

There was a day when I would have had some fun with them, challenge them on what they know about their powers (ha!) to stop anyone or require anyone to provide their name and address, power to search for and seize evidence, evidence gathering, sufficiency, admissibility, when and how to administer a caution, questioning a suspect, detention of a suspect, rights of persons arrested or detained to have intimation sent to another person, the right of an accused to have access to a solicitor. But the fact is that I and they already know they'd be clueless so it's pointless.

They are truly deluded and gullible people.

Top Bottom