Common law

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

Just a little point about this, there are many people that do consider the relationships and friendships that they have built with people on social media as being as "real" as any that you, or I , may have offline.
The importance of the support that some get from their online interactions shouldn't be denigrated.
If that works for you then fair enough, it's completely alien to me though, unless you eventually meet and can put a face to a name so to speak.

My point I suppose is why do people spend so much time and energy arguing the toss about something on social media when they can surely interact with real live people instead, especially when it clearly causes them anguish.

D

Deleted member 28

The people who will be affected when Little Miss and those she influenced elect someone who will cut taxes, cut aid (domestic and foreign) and rip out cycle parking, modal filters and speed cameras?
We're talking about the anti vax lot though aren't we?

What's that got to do with voting for a Government, and even if it was who's to say little Mr nobody from East Anglia knows any better?

Last edited by a moderator:

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Those injunctions were very specific and related to specific roads/ ports . Even then it took several injunctions to have any effect.

Try drafting the terms of an injunction that would stop Corbyn and his ilk, without breaching their human right to be able to protest.

i would love to see Corbyn and his ilk stopped, but am struggling to see how an injunction could be worded to be lawful and stop them

Stopped from what, exactly?

icowden

Legendary Member
i would love to see Corbyn and his ilk stopped, but am struggling to see how an injunction could be worded to be lawful and stop them
It is somewhat easier when they break an actual law (which I thought Corbyn had done).

Some of the MK lot are learning what *actual* lawbreaking means:
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-beds-bucks-herts-59885292

It's a shame they aren't better at researching history. There is a good breakdown here:-

https://thesecretbarrister.com/2020...law-give-you-immunity-from-covid-regulations/

theclaud

Reading around the chip
If that works for you then fair enough, it's completely alien to me though, unless you eventually meet and can put a face to a name so to speak.

My point I suppose is why do people spend so much time and energy arguing the toss about something on social media when they can surely interact with real live people instead, especially when it clearly causes them anguish.
I've met hundreds of people who post (or used to post) on CC, including some of my dearest friends. Have you thought about getting out more?

D

Deleted member 28

I've met hundreds of people who post on CC, including some of my dearest friends. Have you thought about getting out more?
I've already alluded to meeting someone post social media contact, have you tried reading people's posts better?

OP
OP
Johnno260

Johnno260

Regular
We're talking about the anti vax lot though aren't we?

What's that got to do with voting for a Government, and even if it was who's to say little Mr nobody from East Anglia knows any better?

No no common law and sovereign citizens are another branch of crazy, they have common law courts and constables.

Some anti vaxers are sov citz but they're seperate entities as such.

For example common law constables think they can forcibly close vaccination centers, but they can't as no crime is being committed.

mudsticks

Squire
It amazes me how social media has so much impact on people's lives and the time they must spend on it.

There's an old boy down the local who speaks about conversations he's had with people during the day on Facebook, he's got some very strong views on many subjects so quite easy for him to get into a row on there.

It's beyond me how people get so involved with it all, who gives a t0ss what 'little miss nobody from Walthamstow ' thinks about the price of fish?

I like a bit of banter on here when I've got a spare 5 minutes but that's about it, and as for Twitter!

That's nothing.

There's this guy on a special interests forum that I'm on, he seems to have almost zero self -awareness...

He pops up very regularly to very clearly show and tell us just how little interest, knowledge, and insight he has into any of the subjects being discussed .

He then often goes on to tells us how he's got far more important things to do. and think about.

And then, would you believe it..??

He only pops up again, almost straight away, to tell us all the self same thing, all over again ...

:rolleyes:

The other people on there are not really sure if he's just bored, lonely, very forgetful, or perhaps a bit stupid maybe..??

Most people just ignore him, or else laugh at the silly little troll .

But then what do you do about people like that??

it's a 'freeish' internet after all isn't it??

takes all sorts etc etc...

Milkfloat

By far the majority of arguments you are having on social media are with live people, it is just not face to face. Would you say that an interaction over a telephone is not with a live person?

mjr

I've already alluded to meeting someone post social media contact, have you tried reading people's posts better?
Could you help by writing them more clearly? For example, not using a comma where a full stop should be.

D

Deleted member 28

That's nothing.

There's this guy on a special interests forum that I'm on, he seems to have almost zero self -awareness...

He pops up very regularly to very clearly show and tell us just how little interest, knowledge, and insight he has into any of the subjects being discussed .

He then often goes on to tells us how he's got far more important things to do. and think about.

And then, would you believe it..??

He only pops up again, almost straight away, to tell us all the self same thing, all over again ...

:rolleyes:

The other people on there are not really sure if he's just bored, lonely, very forgetful, or perhaps a bit stupid maybe..??

Most people just ignore him, or else laugh at the silly little troll .

But then what do you do about people like that??

it's a 'freeish' internet after all isn't it??

takes all sorts etc etc...
Difference being some people get really worked up over it or fall out with their friends and family over it whereas some people just like to waste a bit of time during lunch break or before they go to work.

D

Deleted member 28

Could you help by writing them more clearly? For example, not using a comma where a full stop should be.
Is that the best you can come up with?

Poor effort.

If, on the other hand you genuinely don't understand my post perhaps you need some help with reading?

My Daughter works with 2-4 Yr olds I can send her round if you like?

Top Bottom