Yet more Tory sleaze….

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

matticus

Guru

albion

Guru
Trouble at the mill.
'Many Tory MPs on the right of the party decided to stay away. “I’m not sure what space this is meant to fill,” one MP said privately. “The Conservative Growth Group already advocates libertarian economics. The Common Sense Conservatives talk about cultural issues.” '

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...but-is-united-in-criticism-of-sunaks-policies
My complete guess is that things kick off post election, Farage leading, Mogg bulling and Truss sticking to grinning.

Last edited:
Reactions: C R

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Trouble at the mill.
'Many Tory MPs on the right of the party decided to stay away. “I’m not sure what space this is meant to fill,” one MP said privately. “The Conservative Growth Group already advocates libertarian economics. The Common Sense Conservatives talk about cultural issues.” '

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...but-is-united-in-criticism-of-sunaks-policies
My complete guess is that things kick off post election, Farage leading, Mogg bulling and Truss sticking to grinning.

Yes, we need a unified party, like the Labour Party, no dissent. ;)

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Yes, we need a unified party, like the Labour Party, no dissent. ;)

The day any political party becomes totally unified will be a disaster for that party. Parties have to change to stay relevant, and change doesn't come without differences.

I see no problem with dissent in a party, it is where that dissent is leading to could be a problem.

Last edited:

multitool

Shaman
The right of the Tory party is trying to drive the party to Orban- style populist authoritarianism. Yesterday, at their ridiculous Pop Con event, Rees-Mogg was advocating removing the judicial checks and balances on government.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
The day any political part becomes totally unified will be a disaster for that party. Parties have to change to stay relevant, and change doesn't come without differences.

I see no problem with dissent in a party, it is where that dissent is leading to could be a problem.

Yes, my feelings too.

Ian H

Guru
GB News presenter Rees Mogg announces that the prime minister will be standing in for him on his Monday programme.

• Wow
Reactions: C R

multitool

Shaman
GB News presenter Rees Mogg announces that the prime minister will be standing in for him on his Monday programme.

Assuming true, this demonstrates just how low this populist culture war governing party is willing to take us.

CXRAndy

Veteran
Legacy media is dead.

Tucker Carlson got the interview of the year if not decade with Putin. All the legacies spewing their guts.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Legacy media is dead.

Tucker Carlson got the interview of the year if not decade with Putin. All the legacies spewing their guts.

Like Sports Illustrated? Because of the trans wokely dokely ideology? Or is it something else now?

Tucker got nothing of the sort. Putin owned him. Carlson is a power bottom at best.

Top Bottom