Work and parenthood

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
"Yet more virtue signalling waffle."
" Let all the call centre mom's take their babies in as well, they can listen, think and talk while looking after the nipper. "
" I repeat, I did not mention breast feeding. You appear to be obsessed with it "
" No response to my question regarding if she was a Tory I see? "
" How about a Kevin the Teenager? "
" Before the lynch mobs turn on me "

Going by these quotes maybe it's time we ban the man-babies from this forum? Just saying.

I like this, the forum with no moderation........

Pale Rider

Veteran
" Let all the call centre mom's take their babies in as well, they can listen, think and talk while looking after the nipper. "
" I repeat, I did not mention breast feeding. You appear to be obsessed with it "

Going by these quotes maybe it's time we ban the man-babies from this forum? Just saying.

You are the one who has a tizzy every time you respond to one of my posts.

Dry your eyes.

mudsticks

Squire

Oh I don't know, some of its quite good material for the screen play.

Ok a few of the lines are a bit stale, but that's all part of the true life drama isn't it :okay:

BBC radio news this morning was reporting that the Speaker has received multiple submissions form female MPs urging that the 'no babies' rule should stay. Cannot however find it replicated on the web.

Anybody seen anything?

Pale Rider

Veteran
You make it sound like Stella Creasy is trying to take her child down the mines with her. Or has the baby in a sling whilst performing bomb disposal.

Hardly.

There are any number of parents who realistically cannot take their children to work.

The difference is they don't bleat about it, they just get on with organising their lives in an appropriate manner.

No one is telling Creasy she can't take the baby into the Palace of Westminster, just not into the chamber.

The whole thing is a manufactured fuss about nothing.

Hardly.

There are any number of parents who realistically cannot take their children to work.

The difference is they don't bleat about it, they just get on with organising their lives in an appropriate manner.

No one is telling Creasy she can't take the baby into the Palace of Westminster, just not into the chamber.

The whole thing is a manufactured fuss about nothing.

Other parents of 12 week old babes in arms get Maternity Leave and their jobs covered.

Where can she leave a 12 week old while she's in the Chamber.

Other than it crying, which can be mitigated for, what is the issue with it being with its Mum.

Civil Service managers 30 years ago used to like the word 'inappropriate' to describe stuff with which they were unaccountably and irrationally uncomfortable with. Your Mantra sounds the same.

D

Deleted member 28

Other parents of 12 week old babes in arms get Maternity Leave and their jobs covered.
She knew this when she took the job though.

BoldonLad

Where can she leave a 12 week old while she's in the Chamber.

Other than it crying, which can be mitigated for, what is the issue with it being with its Mum.

Civil Service managers 30 years ago used to like the word 'inappropriate' to describe stuff with which they were unaccountably and irrationally uncomfortable with. Your Mantra sounds the same.

Not familiar with current rules, Does EVERY new (working) mother get maternity leave?

Not familiar with current rules, Does EVERY new (working) mother get maternity leave?

Statutory Maternity Leave is available to employees (but not 'workers') provided they meet qualifying conditions.
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/w...ave-what-youre-entitled-to-and-how-to-get-it/

They're also likely to get Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) from their employers. Some who don't meet the conditions for SMP can claim a similar amount from the DWP via Maternity Allowance.

It's far too complicated and fact dependant to give a comprehensive Yes/No answer. Mostly yes but some women fall between the slats.

mudsticks

Squire
She knew this when she took the job though.

Maybe she thought that one thing among many that she could do in her role was get the 'rule' changed .

Although ms Creasy and others have taken infants into the Chamber before, no problem.

It's quite common in other more enlightened countries to do so.

And anyway , I thought you didn't mind either way :rolleyes:.

Not just here for the sake of an argument are you.?? ;)

BoldonLad

Statutory Maternity Leave is available to employees (but not 'workers') provided they meet qualifying conditions.
https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/w...ave-what-youre-entitled-to-and-how-to-get-it/

They're also likely to get Statutory Maternity Pay (SMP) from their employers. Some who don't meet the conditions for SMP can claim a similar amount from the DWP via Maternity Allowance.

It's far too complicated and fact dependant to give a comprehensive Yes/No answer. Mostly yes but some women fall between the slats.

Yes, I had a feeling it was not straight forward. Daughter no.3 was/is self employed and was back at work within a few weeks. Daughter 1 and 2 (Nurse and Teacher respectively, got a long break (12 months if I recall correctly). I thought (but could be wrong) that size of employer may have a bearing.

A separate thought, could MP put child care on expenses?

Yes, I had a feeling it was not straight forward. Daughter no.3 was/is self employed and was back at work within a few weeks. Daughter 1 and 2 (Nurse and Teacher respectively, got a long break (12 months if I recall correctly). I thought (but could be wrong) that size of employer may have a bearing.

A separate thought, could MP put child care on expenses?

Self employed can claim Maternity Allowance from the DWP but usually they cannot afford to let their business lie fallow while they only get £151/week.

Twelve months is fairly usual but it's not all paid. Nurses and teachers probably get contractual payments over and above the standard £151.

There is (or was) a Nursery at the Commons the charges for which are paid by the MP and not, so far as I can ascertain, recoverable via expenses. Whether it, or any other nursery, would provide for a sub 3 month old is another question.

Top Bottom