Work and parenthood

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mudsticks

Squire
The picture of the contented mother and baby gave this story legs. Would it have got off the ground if it showed the infant screaming his/her head off and projectile vomiting?

Yes because in that case the parent wouldn't then use any common sense and absent themselves to avoid causing distress.

'You lot' as Shep would say really crack me up.

It's as if some people have never been around anyone capably managing a small infant before.

If some folks really can't countenance things being done even slightly differently to make things more inclusive, and parliament more representative, to allow representatives to represent even.

Maybe they need to ask themselves Why .

Other democratic institutions, and countries parliaments manage just fine to accommodate representation by parents with young babies .

The real problem seems to be allowing women of child bearing age to have jobs outside of the home.

Really the rot set in when they started 'allowing' them to become MPs .

Where will it all end ?
That's what I'd like to know.

There have always been rules and regulations in every organisation.

And they are always being changed, often after being challenged by people who see them as unfair and/or unnecessary.

Things change, and that is the way of the world, even Shep's Real World.

Given the words employed I suspect 'Shep World' might have included a few pints last night.

So he could fully tell on himself with his choice use of language :rolleyes:

Did that happen?

Well no, and no more would it be likely to.

But hey just about any fictionalised scenario can be employed to avoid progress, if you want to do that badly enough.

I mean that MP could have a concealed weapon inside that sling for all we know..

And then run amok with it, amongst the Tory front benches..

You might laugh - but it could happen.

mudsticks

Squire
That would put Angela Rayner’s intemperate language into proper context, wouldn’t it?

Yup 'women' and their intemperate language.

The worst kind of concealed weapon.

Worser still when they dare to deploy it in public.

I have no idea. I was just suggesting that the Madonna and Child image which is being used is a fairly idealised view of motherhood. If MPs want to turn the Commons into even more of a creche, that's fine by me.

Hardly Madonna and child.

It's a mother with a sleeping young baby in a sling.

Not that anyone cares to hear from someone with firsthand experience, but that's what most newborns do for most of the time when they're not feeding.

They're often very comfortable and chilled sleeping on the person they've lately been sleeping inside, for the last 9 months.

They're used to the sounds of voices around them, the sound of a heartbeat.

Do you honestly think that the mother would lack the intelligence, or self awareness to know when to absent herself if there is a problem??

Stella Creasy's constituents would have been very well aware of her potential for having more kids when they elected her.

Maybe, just maybe, the fact that she is a young parent is part of her relatability.
She can understand very well the needs of families with children.

And encourage measures that might help them

But sure, why not just make out that by allowing what will be in reality, a very very few, newborn babies into the Commons, we are somehow

'Turning it into a crèche'.

I totally agree that some of the supposed grown ups who inhabit the place could desist from behaving like overgrown toddlers, but that's another issue.

slowmotion

Yup 'women' and their intemperate language.

The worst kind of concealed weapon.

Worser still when they dare to deploy it in public.

Hardly Madonna and child.

It's a mother with a sleeping young baby in a sling.

Not that anyone cares to hear from someone with firsthand experience, but that's what most newborns do for most of the time when they're not feeding.

They're often very comfortable and chilled sleeping on the person they've lately been sleeping inside, for the last 9 months.

They're used to the sounds of voices around them, the sound of a heartbeat.

Do you honestly think that the mother would lack the intelligence, or self awareness to know when to absent herself if there is a problem??

Stella Creasy's constituents would have been very well aware of her potential for having more kids when they elected her.

Maybe, just maybe, the fact that she is a young parent is part of her relatability.
She can understand very well the needs of families with children.

And encourage measures that might help them

But sure, why not just make out that by allowing what will be in reality, a very very few, newborn babies into the Commons, we are somehow

'Turning it into a crèche'.

I totally agree that some of the supposed grown ups who inhabit the place could desist from behaving like overgrown toddlers, but that's another issue.
I hate to break it to you but these days some fathers do know a tiny bit about caring for newborns..........including projectile vomiting.

mudsticks

Squire
I hate to break it to you but these days some fathers do know a tiny bit about caring for newborns..........including projectile vomiting.

I know they do.

I was very lucky not to have to do all the newborn parenting myself.

But still you think that ms Creasy would just hang around in the chamber whilst her child was 'screaming it's head off, and projectile vomiting'

??

That's the kind of ridiculous idea, I'd expect proposed by a few people on here, but I hadn't realised you were one of that sort.

Oh well.

There you go, live and learn..

slowmotion

I know they do.

I was very lucky not to have to do all the newborn parenting myself.

But still you think that ms Creasy would just hang around in the chamber whilst her child was 'screaming it's head off, and projectile vomiting'

??

That's the kind of ridiculous idea, I'd expect proposed by a few people on here, but I hadn't realised you were one of that sort.

Oh well.

There you go, live and learn..
Lighten up. I was just amused by your womansplaining.

mudsticks

Squire
Lighten up. I was just amused by your womansplaining.

Ho ho ho.

Nice deployment of the
'I was only joking manouvre'

- If things don't land quite so well 👍🏼

I know, you wouldn't think it necessary, to 'splain newborn babies, and their needs would you ??

But ignorance, very much abounds, it would appear.

D

Deleted member 28

I hate to break it to you but these days some fathers do know a tiny bit about caring for newborns..........includinlg projectile vomiting.
I bottle fed both of mine, missus didn't want to breast feed, took them everywhere from babies.

slowmotion

Ho ho ho.

Nice deployment of the
'I was only joking manouvre'

- If things don't land quite so well 👍🏼

I know, you wouldn't think it necessary, to 'splain newborn babies, and their needs would you ??

But ignorance, very much abounds, it would appear.
I apologise.

Last edited:

Pale Rider

Veteran
Apology accepted in the spirit offered.👍🏼

It does a bit tiresome being instructed as to what one is, and isn't allowed to 'take seriously'

As if taking something seriously is about the worst possible crime, imaginable to some.

See you around.

Stop lecturing everyone on here and you wouldn't get into these little scrapes.

Top Bottom