What do they want?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

Except for the time you spend on here whining about posts or views you don't like. (2nd most prolific poster, I believe). For someone who doesn't give a toss about things that don't affect you you have a strange way of showing it.

View attachment 1540

Sad, boring nause alert.

Last edited by a moderator:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Sad, boring nause alert.

:hello:

Your feedback is important to us.

Do you, or do you not, spend more time on here whining than most posters?

Moaning in itself is not a problem if you are unhappy with something, but please don't have the hypocrisy to pretend you are different in that respect to anyone else, or the only one on here who has a good time doing things they enjoy with family and friends.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
A few quick indices since nobody seems to know anybody who is struggling. I know I'll get mocked for this but it's just an example, my lunch meal deal has recently gone up 14%. My window cleaner has put his prices up 13%. Most dramatically our mortgage repayments have just gone up by about 10%. My wages remain stagnant.

Now I have a reasonable job. My wife has a reasonable job 3/5wte. Two kids, three bed semi in suburbia. Pretty normal. I wouldn't say we are exactly fighting for survival, I mean we've got Disney+ and everything, but we're not exactly coasting. Everything's gone by the end of the month, we're not managing to save anything, there's no money for home improvement, we're checking the budget every time we do a shop. We are not in a pleasant financial situation.

If the cost of living can have that effect on two people with good jobs, above average earnings in a very ordinary situation, then there must be an awful lot of people who are really in the shoot.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
A few quick indices since nobody seems to know anybody who is struggling. I know I'll get mocked for this but it's just an example, my lunch meal deal has recently gone up 14%. My window cleaner has put his prices up 13%. Most dramatically our mortgage repayments have just gone up by about 10%. My wages remain stagnant.

Now I have a reasonable job. My wife has a reasonable job 3/5wte. Two kids, three bed semi in suburbia. Pretty normal. I wouldn't say we are exactly fighting for survival, I mean we've got Disney+ and everything, but we're not exactly coasting. Everything's gone by the end of the month, we're not managing to save anything, there's no money for home improvement, we're checking the budget every time we do a shop. We are not in a pleasant financial situation.

If the cost of living can have that effect on two people with good jobs, above average earnings in a very ordinary situation, then there must be an awful lot of people who are really in the shoot.

Among my six children, there is quite a spectrum of income (from lifetime unemployed UC claimant to £200kpa, inbetween these two. extremes, there is a Carer, Civil Engineer, Maths Teacher and Nurse), the all claim to be "just managing".... odd that, isn't it?

To get a sensible/constructive answer, you would need to post details of Household net income, and, an itemised list of expenditure.

Not actually expecting you to do that, by the way.

Last edited:

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
To get a sensible/constructive answer, you would need to post details of Household net income, and, an itemised list of expenditure.

Not actually expecting you to do that, by the way.

Answer to what? I'm making the point that I can use my own situation to try and understand, or at least acknowledge the difficulties that other people find themselves in.

Good NHS jobs, absolutely ordinary lifestyle, yet still treading water. There's no need to be more detailed than that for the point I'm making.

mudsticks

Squire
Not really, I'm not suffering no but I don't think many who post on here are either, classic virtue signalling if I've ever seen it.

Clearly paying more for everyday things isn't nice but I've got more important things to occupy my time with.

Hopefully for all our sakes someone else gets in next time and completely change our lives for the better.

Well we know why we are here..
To chat about NACA..

Thats the subject of this forum, a subject that most of us here are clearly interested* in, one way or another.. .

Whether chatting about it, is futile, or not .

But one might wonder why you are here??

You've repeatedly stated you 'don't care' about any of it..
No interest in politics..

We all already know lots of people who don't care about politics..
We meet them all the time - all over the place - they're in the majority even...

Thing is, I 'dont care' about football.

The difference is I dont ever bother going on football forums to tell the people there, that I don't care about football ..,

Apart from the waste of my time, it would make me look like a bit of an idiot... :rolleyes:

All uphill

Is your MP's party in power then?

Will he be able to remedy any 'suffering ' you're going through?

Protest about Boris having a party or whichever Tory you deem to have been sleazy lately?

Fill yer boots pal, I'll spend my time doing things I enjoy with friends and family thanks.

My MP?

He is a she. A Tory minister. I would like to think she is weighing her options right now and has a good Idea of the number of her constituents are objecting to her leader's behaviour.

Writing to her takes me about 5 minutes. Still leaves me time to have a happy life.😄

You can do f*ck all anyway, you don't even live here!

I suppose a strongly worded letter from Hong Kong or wherever it is will have him quaking in his boots!

Again, the I don’t live here argument.

Again, I have to say this as it’s not sinking into your thick skull, I’m a UK citizen with a UK passport. What happens in the UK can also affect me too. Just because I live abroad doesn’t stop me from being highly concerned at what’s going on.

I know the abuse from you is just embarrassment that you fell for Johnson’s and Brexit lies and you have to furiously defend that so you don’t have to admit that you fell for the con. But, the UK’s at a cliff edge and you have to admit that this is not normal and it will hit you and your friend bubble eventually.

This concerns us all so quit the childish you don’t live here crap.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 28

Again, the I don’t live here argument.

Again, I have to say this as it’s not sinking into your thick skull, I’m a UK citizen with a UK passport. What happens in the UK can also affect me too. Just because I live abroad doesn’t stop me from being highly concerned at what’s going on.

I know the abuse from you is just embarrassment that you fell for Johnson’s and Brexit lies and you have to furiously defend that so you don’t have to admit that you fell for the con. But, the UK’s at a cliff edge and you have to admit that this is not normal and it will hit you and your friend bubble eventually.

This concerns us all so quit the childish you don’t live here crap.

You can't seem to get it through YOUR thick skull that I don't feel conned but it makes you feel better thinking us Brexiteers all go around sulking and feeling sorry for ourselves, Newsflash! no one I know gives it a second thought and the more I read from the likes of you whining about it the happier I am, talk about blinkered!

My statement still stands, what can YOU personally do about anything given your location?

Top Bottom