What do they want?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

I open the bowling for our village cricket team, and mostly the maidens do the scoring and the teas, although we have a maiden who is also a great slip and bats number 4.

I have played village cricket for about 35 years, why is it now a fantasy?
Award for the most surreal post of the week :laugh:

D

Deleted member 28

Most of the local villages and towns around here have cricket teams..
And fetes - of varying quality
No problem with that...
I never denied they existed

My problem is with the ridiculous rural fantasies around 'how lovely it all is out in the countryside'.

The fantasy of brexit was partly built on an idea of an' 'Old England' that never was .

There are just as many problems with homelessness, low income families struggling and all sorts of other issues..
Racism, abuse and so on.

All that is getting worse since brexit with depressed farm incomes, labour shortages in key areas such as agriculture health and care work, businesses failing

Depressed incomes, higher prices all round .

These have all been caused in part or whole by Tory policies, including brexit.

This stems from me saying what I like about England, nothing more nothing less, you then go off on one about all manner of things including Brexit, homelessness and Racism!

You surely can't be this opinionated that every time someone mentions something as petty as 'liking village cricket ' you're impelled to educate them on the state of the country?

You can't carry on like that in the flesh as you'd be exhausted!

mudsticks

Squire
This stems from me saying what I like about England, nothing more nothing less, you then go off on one about all manner of things including Brexit, homelessness and Racism!

You surely can't be this opinionated that every time someone mentions something as petty as 'liking village cricket ' you're impelled to educate them on the state of the country?

You can't carry on like that in the flesh as you'd be exhausted!

Don't worry I've got vast reserves of energy..

All that fresh veg, its so very invigorating 😁

Whaddya mean that liking village cricket, is petty..??
Surely it's very very important..

Btw Is Racism!!

New enhanced, extra strength racism??

D

Deleted member 28

Don't worry I've got vast reserves of energy..

All that fresh veg, its so very invigorating 😁

Whaddya mean that liking village cricket, is petty..??
Surely it's very very important..

It's clearly important enough to instigate a full on soap box rant for some, good job I didn't mention Maypoles you'd be foaming at the mouth.

mudsticks

Squire
It's clearly important enough to instigate a full on soap box rant for some, good job I didn't mention Maypoles you'd be foaming at the mouth.

Oh no, on the contrary I love to see a bit of priapic pagan May-poling..

Lots of lovely cosmic forces being drawn up and woven together to regenerate mother earth in the springtime 🌱 👍🏼🌈🍆🌱

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I'm developing a mental image of you, capering around in full Morris-dancing getup, waving your stick in the air.

I may hold that thought for a while. ^_^

bc88feeae20ba3fb03b3ec8f0920ca80.jpg

FishFright

all those things were happening way before brexit.......and way before the 2016 vote on leaving the EU.

But depressed farm incomes?? that must be a joke surely...........i know a farmer that bought a hotel block in bulgaria and the plot of land next to it, to extend, so depressed was his income - sheeesh

Those farmers are loaded and really happy in la la land.

Do you actually know a farmer who's had to move his production overseas because farming in the UK has become a nightmare or did you google it ?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Those farmers are loaded and really happy in la la land.

Do you actually know a farmer who's had to move his production overseas because farming in the UK has become a nightmare or did you google it ?

He didnt move his farming overseas….he still farms in the UK. He bought properties overseas from is poor pittance from farming

Mugshot

Über Member
Be nice to hear what the Lefties like so much too, all I seem to read on here is how $hit everything is.

I'll have a pop at answering from my point of view, village fetes, the seaside, cricket on the green, the countryside, the football, local boozers, can't say I have a problem with things like 'the Arts' , Glastonbury, solicitors, academia etc but there you go?

Not so keen on the other points but I'm sure you know that.

View: https://twitter.com/valleyguitarist/status/1546064431133720577?t=7DYN9frQxlEDQyYwj2C16w&s=19

Top Bottom