What do they want?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So what does coming on here, and no doubt dozens of other forums, dishing out your words of wisdom and generally whinging about everything actually achieve?

I don't know many people 'desperately trying to survive ' I don't see many on here that appear to either so really you're just fighting the good fight for those that can't be arsed voting?

How can you know many people when you have a tightly controlled friend bubble where no-one is allowed to disagree with you?

Mugshot

Über Member
How can you know many people when you have a tightly controlled friend bubble where no-one is allowed to disagree with you?

Don't forget that in sheps world he, nor anyone he knows, has noticed or been affected by rising fuel, energy or food prices, they still go through the EU lane when they go on holiday and don't pay roaming charges, there aren't more food banks than McDonald's, kids aren't starving, old ladies don't ride around on the bus all day to keep warm and the Chancellor doesn't use public money to heat his stables.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
So what does coming on here, and no doubt dozens of other forums, dishing out your words of wisdom and generally whinging about everything actually achieve?

I don't know many people 'desperately trying to survive ' I don't see many on here that appear to either so really you're just fighting the good fight for those that can't be arsed voting?

It's a news and current affairs chat forum. It's people chatting about news and current affairs. That's it really.

mudsticks

Squire

No not dozens..maybe a few .

Coming here to talk to others who are interested and engaged in NACA
(Thats the subject of this forum remember??)

Doing that helps me consolidate ideas, gather more info, and insight, and discover what other people are doing .

For those of us actively involved in politics, and trying to shift things on a more helpful direction this is very useful.

Just because you personally don't know people who are struggling, doesn't mean there aren't many of them .

This is what good journalism and research helps us discover .

Facts about phenomena we haven't personally encountered.

It's useful to me to encounter people like yourself .
Understanding levels of disengagement is valuable..

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Just tell me what getting all hot under the collar about things you can't do anything about does?

Change your voting Strategy next time obviously but what's the point getting all worked up in between elections?

Pressure on governments, outside of voting, does make a difference. When things are seen to be bad enough to lose the government the support of the public, parties have been known to kick out their leaders and even to call general elections. Pressure worries sitting MPs and they apply some of that pressure on their leaders.

Yes, the GE gives people a chance to kick out governments they don't like, but they do not mean the public must sit back passively while the government continually cocks matters up and treats them and parliament with contempt until the next election, just before which they will throw out a few Smarties to make us think they are on our side.

In the overall scheme of things dissent on a cycling forum by itself is not going to make a blind bit of difference to a dishonourable PM, or government, but it serves no harm in that it does allow the sharing of the views of interested people and also allows a bit of venting, which can in itself be useful.

All uphill

Just tell me what getting all hot under the collar about things you can't do anything about does?

Change your voting Strategy next time obviously but what's the point getting all worked up in between elections?

You can write to your MP.

You can protest.

You can discuss and try to persuade on social media.

All better and healthier than ignoring or suffering in silence, imo.

D

Deleted member 28

You can write to your MP.

You can protest.

You can discuss and try to persuade on social media.

All better and healthier than ignoring or suffering in silence, imo.

Is your MP's party in power then?

Will he be able to remedy any 'suffering ' you're going through?

Protest about Boris having a party or whichever Tory you deem to have been sleazy lately?

Fill yer boots pal, I'll spend my time doing things I enjoy with friends and family thanks.

D

Deleted member 28

So we should all just turn a blind eye to the mess just now and care only for one month or so every 4/5 years?

Can you imagine the destruction BJ could cause in that time? Look at the wreckage after just 2 and a half years.

You pay these people’s salaries through your tax. They’re pissing your money up various walls.

But let then get on with doing that until 2024!?

You can do f*ck all anyway, you don't even live here!

I suppose a strongly worded letter from Hong Kong or wherever it is will have him quaking in his boots!

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Is your MP's party in power then?
Will he be able to remedy any 'suffering ' you're going through?
Protest about Boris having a party or whichever Tory you deem to have been sleazy lately?
Fill yer boots pal, I'll spend my time doing things I enjoy with friends and family thanks.

Except for the time you spend on here whining about posts or views you don't like. (2nd most prolific poster, I believe). For someone who doesn't give a toss about things that don't affect you you have a strange way of showing it.

images.jpeg.jpg

D

Deleted member 28

He's not suffering and believes anyone that is should be more like him. Am I right, Shep?

Not really, I'm not suffering no but I don't think many who post on here are either, classic virtue signalling if I've ever seen it.

Clearly paying more for everyday things isn't nice but I've got more important things to occupy my time with.

Hopefully for all our sakes someone else gets in next time and completely change our lives for the better.

Top Bottom