These Covid Polices Are Going Well .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
We were undoubtedly very effective at the vaccine introduction and rollout but were our initial response to the pandemic and overall mortality rate better than everyone else's?

This is a genuine question as the vaccine rollout is just one part of the story of our response to Covid.
Did we have the fastest vaccine rollout?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Did we have the fastest vaccine rollout?

I'm not sure. I thought Israel were fastest, but we are talking about Europe and we seem to be the fastest there, although not by a huge rate.

Positive as that is I find that much less important than overall Covid response and mortality rate and is increasingly used to mask a lot of the earlier mistakes.

What's your view about early Covid response and overall mortality rates?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
I'm not sure. I thought Israel were fastest, but we are talking about Europe and we seem to be the fastest there, although not by a huge rate.

Positive as that is I find that much less important than overall Covid response and mortality rate and is increasingly used to mask a lot of the earlier mistakes.

What's your view about early Covid response and overall mortality rates?

OMG. Sympathies, that must have hurt. ;)

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
So we did have the fastest rollout then? Glad that is clarified.

Otherwise you just wait until a point in time when the UK was overtaken and say, see only for 2/6/12/18 months did we have the fastest rollout. Meaningless nonsense.

Thus proving that hares always win races against tortoises....

So, in the delayed booster rollout, we now appear to have the slowest rollout in Western Europe. And the reason we're at the back of the queue for the vaccines? Ta da, Brexit policies!

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
So, in the delayed booster rollout,
Which delayed booster rollout?

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
As I pointed out, the issue is the contrived statement that we had the fastest and best vaccine roll out because of Brexit. This is a lie.

I'm not sure if it is wholly false. If the UK had carried on acting as though a member state, the supplies available would have been shared equitably across Europe, which would have meant a increased supply on the continent and decreased supply in the UK.

I read a well-reseached hardback book (remember those?!) about the pandemic and how it was handled this side of the Channel, but unfortunately the one thing it didn't go into detail about was the initial ordering and supply of vaccinines. The EU did react quicker than it often does, but agreement had to be reached between 27 states with differing views on how to proceed.

Top Bottom