Well, who'd a thunk it?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

spen666

Who would have thought a bank would find it had done nothing wrong.

Perhaps we should adopt similar approach to all criminal cases as well.

Judge: " Defendant, did you commit the crime?"
Suspect: "No"
Judge: " Ok, then we find you not guilty"

Surely you couldn't object to this approach

Mr Celine

1702820095834.png
MichelleMoan, NeilHamilton, JonathanAitken and 50 others

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Well it was an independent enquiry, so it wasn't the bank covering it's own tracks. Coutts may have made an arse of things, communication wise, but Farage has previous for not being contactable so it's entirely possible he just missed whatever they were trying to tell him.

How's he going to fund a class action lawsuit if he's skint? Take a leaf out of the Gospel According to Calvin and set up a GoFundMe page so he can fleece mugs his supporters into paying for it?

Reactions: C R

spen666

Well it was an independent enquiry, so it wasn't the bank covering it's own tracks. . ..

So independent that the Bank instructed its own retained lawyers to "investigate".

So in a criminal case, we will acquit defendants when their lawyers say they are not guilty.

Save a fortune on judges, juries, prosecutors into the bargain

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Well, yeah, that's how these things go as far as I understand it: independent enquiry launched, bank (could be any employer) does its own due diligence. Broadly similar conclusions are reached.

Farage has a whinge because that's what he does.

You're the one bringing criminal cases into this for whatever reason.

spen666

Well, yeah, that's how these things go as far as I understand it: independent enquiry launched, bank (could be any employer) does its own due diligence. Broadly similar conclusions are reached.

Farage has a whinge because that's what he does.

You're the one bringing criminal cases into this for whatever reason.

It is not an independent investigation if the bank use its retained lawyers to "investigation" the bank.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
It is not an independent investigation if the bank use its retained lawyers to "investigation" the bank.

Except that it was.

Go on then, make the case for how Farage has been hard done by here.

spen666

Except that it was.

Go on then, make the case for how Farage has been hard done by here.

Yes, it was an "investigation " by the banks retained lawyers.

Do you understand what Independent means?

Where one party instructs their retained lawyers to do an investigation, that is no an independent investigation

I do not understand the relevance of your last paragraph. In case it had escaped your notice, I have not commented on whether Farage was or was not hard done by. For the relevance of it, you may have asked about my views on crocheting

CXRAndy

Veteran
Class action, normally means everyone puts a little into the kitty for expenses.

If N Farage starts gaining traction with his own case then I can see quite a few thousand joining

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Yes, it was an "investigation " by the banks retained lawyers.

Do you understand what Independent means?

Where one party instructs their retained lawyers to do an investigation, that is no an independent investigation

I do not understand the relevance of your last paragraph. In case it had escaped your notice, I have not commented on whether Farage was or was not hard done by. For the relevance of it, you may have asked about my views on crocheting

It wasn't a paragraph.

Learn to type. Or crochet.

If N Farage starts gaining traction with his own case then I can see quite a few thousand joining

You think Farage is one of thousands of customers dumped by Coutts, and that they will want it to be made public?

Not that that will stop Farage seeking donations from gullible idiots, obviously.

Top Bottom