These Covid Polices Are Going Well .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member

So, did the UK have the fastest rollout of the vaccine or not? I think you should tell us.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
So, did the UK have the fastest rollout of the vaccine or not? I think you should tell us.

My abiding memory of this is the UK hogging supplies of vaccine. If you do that, it is not surprising you can roll out vaccination quicker than others. I reckon the EU could have done better, but with hindsight was not quite as bad as I thought at the time.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
The difference in time of first vaccine rollouts was not great between European countries and less important than overall response and mortality rates from the start of the pandemic.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
I rode away from traffic lights faster than a BMW once, for several seconds. True story.
I don't doubt it, that makes you faster than the BMW. If he had never caught you up, you would always have been faster, if he caught you after 100m, you were faster for 100m, 50m etc.

If I thought you were a dick head, I would determine the measure of your cycling prowess to be the distance the BMW took to overtake you, and so I would prove my point you are a failure.

If I thought you weren't a dick head, I would determine the measure of your cycling prowess to be the point you were at before the BMW overtook you, and so prove you were faster than a BMW.

The truth is though, we had the fastest vaccine roll out, the Tweet linked to just changed the time frame to suit its own narrative.

icowden

Legendary Member
The truth is though, we had the fastest vaccine roll out, the Tweet linked to just changed the time frame to suit its own narrative.
Let's ask again. Did you actually read it Craig?

The point of the tweet is not about whether we had the fastest roll out. It's about whether we had the fastest roll out because of Brexit. *That* is the narrative line that Boris is pushing and the tweet reveals it to be utter rowlocks. As you well know, Boris likes to present our Vaccine rollout as a huge victory over the EU because it was faster and better.

As usual this has been shown to be a lie.

The macpuck thread is the one you need to read, as it has all of the detail about the roll out.

Last edited:

Rusty Nails

Country Member
I don't doubt it, that makes you faster than the BMW. If he had never caught you up, you would always have been faster, if he caught you after 100m, you were faster for 100m, 50m etc.

If I thought you were a dick head, I would determine the measure of your cycling prowess to be the distance the BMW took to overtake you, and so I would prove my point you are a failure.

If I thought you weren't a dick head, I would determine the measure of your cycling prowess to be the point you were at before the BMW overtook you, and so prove you were faster than a BMW.

We were undoubtedly very effective at the vaccine introduction and rollout but were our initial response to the pandemic and overall mortality rate better than everyone else's?

This is a genuine question as the vaccine rollout is just one part of the story of our response to Covid.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
We were undoubtedly very effective at the vaccine introduction and rollout but were our initial response to the pandemic and overall mortality rate better than everyone else's?

This is a genuine question as the vaccine rollout is just one part of the story of our response to Covid.

No, to the bolded part.

But, we weren't the worst, and, we are in the top echelon.

No, I am not going to dredge Google for charts to prove or disprove the point.

Rusty Nails

Country Member
No, to the bolded part.

But, we weren't the worst, and, we are in the top echelon.

No, I am not going to dredge Google for charts to prove or disprove the point.

That's OK, because I wasn't going to ask you to.

I was more interested in CtC's response.

Top Bottom