These Covid Polices Are Going Well .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

icowden

Legendary Member
Oooh, subtle change here though......
You have moved from health care worker to patient facing worker, very subtle, very clever.
Do you actually read and think about what you write.

To remove free asymptomatic testing from health and social care workers feels irresponsible. With high exposure to the virus and to our elderly and most vulnerable members of our population, the health and social care workforce must have the greatest possible confidence in their infection status. Asymptomatic testing provides this.
“At a time when infection rates are still high, this feels like we are saving pennies at the cost of pounds, or worse, lives.”
Labour also criticised the proposals to strip away more testing for NHS staff. The shadow health secretary, Wes Streeting, said: “While the NHS is in a permanent state of crisis and patients are waiting longer than ever for care, the government can’t seriously be considering stripping away support even further.
“Patients need to know that they will be safe when they go into hospital and care homes. These proposals risk leaving the NHS unprotected and unprepared.”

Patients need to know that they will be safe. They aren't going to catch Covid from the finance people in the Admin block. They see patient facing healthcare workers. Equally they won't be seeing some of the senoir nurses as, although they have Nursing qualification and are therefore nominally a health care worker, they tend not to be patient facing due to all that management they have to do. Some may combine both. I used to work with someone who managed IT and transformation but also kept her Nursing registration up to date and worked in Sexual Health Clinics. The point is that we differentiate patient facing staff from non-patient facing regardless of the job. An administrator working on clinic reception is patient facing. The porter that moves beds from one ward to another is patient facing. They breathe, they can be infections.

The key statement is this:
After the Treasury slashed its budget to deal with Covid, UKHSA is now proposing to health ministers that it suspend regular asymptomatic testing in hospitals and care homes from May to save money before a potential winter spike in cases.

So the UKHDA is proposing (in other words it hasn't happened *yet*) that regular asymptomatic testing is suspended in hospitals and care homes. The people who would be regularly tested are those coming into contact with patients. That tends to be health and social care workers which includes many different jobs as previously stated. An asymptomatic carrier going into a care home, or nursing home is potentially catastrophic.

The answer to your last question is that I have been a medical secretary in multiple specialties, service transformation lead, data warehouse manager, technical lead, data analyst and data migration analyst so have good knowledge of the NHS both from the front line side and the hidden back end.

icowden

Legendary Member
say it was only off-site workers did I? I said 'patient facing', there will be hundreds of people working in a hospital every day who aren't patient facing. Why would we test them? We don't test the people in a supermarket, on the bus, in the school, dropping off their meals, washing their car etc etc etc do we?
We don't. We don't test the non-patient facing staff because they don't see patients. They follow the normal guidelines. They may follow stricter guidelines if they regularly come into contact with patient facing staff because viruses are transmissible.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
The people who would be regularly tested are those coming into contact with patients.

We don't test the non-patient facing staff because they don't see patients.

Holy shit, that is what I have been saying all along, and you have been disagreeing with me!

Actually all of those people you have helpfully listed will still be able to access LFD's (that is the proper name for LFTs to you) and will be able to test just as is now.

icowden

Legendary Member
Holy shit, that is what I have been saying all along, and you have been disagreeing with me!
It absolutely isn't. You have insisted that Doctors and Nurses are not health workers and will still have access to LTFs which is exactly the opposite of what is stated in the article. Please take a Valium and sleep it off.

Craig the cyclist

Über Member
It absolutely isn't. You have insisted that Doctors and Nurses are not health workers and will still have access to LTFs which is exactly the opposite of what is stated in the article. Please take a Valium and sleep it off.

Just humour me, highlight the bit where I said Drs and nurses aren't health workers please? Was it this bit?
HCW does not just include doctors, nurses, therapists etc,
I would be intrigued because as a nurse of 30 years registration I do think I know I work in health!

Anyway, just drop it in your next reply, the bit where I said drs and nurses don't work in health.

Oh and it is LFDs that are being discussed as accuracy seems all important to you , not LFT (or even LTF, whatever the hell that actually is).

OP
OP
FishFright

FishFright

Ok, let me make it really really easy. mjr is wrong, or if he was Boris Johnson you would say he is lying.

Patient facing Health Care workers are not getting free tests removed from them. mjr is lying to boost his point.

Its sunny out here , which is nice.

I must say this is a lot easier than paying attention to what people post , no wonder you enjoy it so much.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
Its sunny out here , which is nice.

I must say this is a lot easier than paying attention to what people post , no wonder you enjoy it so much.

I think it's to divert attention from the government's illegal treatment of the care home elderly. https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...ients-into-care-homes-was-unlawful-says-court

mjr

I love it when you get angry.
I'm not angry. I wasn't angry. You wouldn't like me when I'm angry.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IQbl8kleYUQ

Did you know that just because you read posts you don't like angrily, that doesn't mean their authors were angry? Text doesn't transmit tone well.
Of course the insinuation was 'drs, nurses and therapists'
Holy mind-reading fail, Batman! It really wasn't, although those seem to be included among the people who will lose free tests under this proposal.

I didn't say it was only off-site workers did I?
"NHS IT guy who works 11 miles from hospital and never sees a patient" was the only example you gave, clearly insinuating that this only affects off-site workers.

I said 'patient facing', there will be hundreds of people working in a hospital every day who aren't patient facing. Why would we test them?
We would test them because they can infect patient-facing workers who then can infect patients.

We don't test the people in a supermarket, on the bus, in the school, dropping off their meals, washing their car etc etc etc do we?
No, and the end of public testing has been a big error. The UK has frequently been testing too little and often too late since April 2020.

Top Bottom