These Covid Polices Are Going Well .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

That's hardly the fault of the Government though is it?
They won't be getting into venues without proof of vaccination or a positive test.
I never said it was....I think Johnson has done a great job of sending the right message out.If only people would follow his example.

MrGrumpy

Regular
News from the mainland
I see that over on the CC one or idiots are getting threads closed again by their pet mods rather than allow adult discussion to develop.
Roflol . To be fair it’s was straying into politics and a slagging match . Idiots and pet mods ? Very adult like ?! :blush:

OP
OP
FishFright

FishFright

Roflol . To be fair it’s was straying into politics and a slagging match . Idiots and pet mods ? Very adult like ?! :blush:

I can't believe how people calling out a foolish post as dumb needs a thread lock and much much worse this is seen as acceptable behaviour.

On 'another place' CC mods are used as an example of how not to do it .

OP
OP
FishFright

FishFright

News from the mainland
I see that over on the CC one or idiots are getting threads closed again by their pet mods rather than allow adult discussion to develop.

Stop the press , its back and we'll all be safe to approach the subject .

Salty seadog

swansonj

Regular
Well, I'm sorry, but the odious Morrissey is half right on this occasion. Chris Whitty is effectively setting public health policy, and that's not his job, and it's not a healthy situation for a democracy to be in. This problem arises, of course, not because Whitty is power hungry, but because our elected government is simply not making the necessary decisions (not able, not willing, not caring). Valid observation; wrong diagnosis.

PaulB

Was speaking to two of my colleagues yesterday who gave me very bad news. One of them had been at a conference attended by a senior Epidemiologist who sits on the panel of decision makers on these things and she says he informed the attendees that a 'circuit breaker' will be brought in in England on the 28th December, effectively stopping New Years Eve from being celebrated by more than your household.

The other person told me that she was speaking to the English Epidemiologist's Scottish counterpart last March and he said that this epidemic will go on 'for three to five years'! She laughed at the time but now thinks he's likely to be correct.

MrGrumpy

Regular
Was speaking to two of my colleagues yesterday who gave me very bad news. One of them had been at a conference attended by a senior Epidemiologist who sits on the panel of decision makers on these things and she says he informed the attendees that a 'circuit breaker' will be brought in in England on the 28th December, effectively stopping New Years Eve from being celebrated by more than your household.

The other person told me that she was speaking to the English Epidemiologist's Scottish counterpart last March and he said that this epidemic will go on 'for three to five years'! She laughed at the time but now thinks he's likely to be correct.
Depends on what the virus wants to do and how it mutates. Circuit breaker doesn’t surprise me neither. Fully expecting it up here, assuming Westminster orders it !

OP
OP
FishFright

FishFright

So, circuit breaker after Christmas, when the virus will be ten times as widespread because we'll have had three or four more doubling times? Yeah, good decision-making that.

Any pre Christmas circuit breaker would have been widely ignored , mainly due to the recent revelations.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Any pre Christmas circuit breaker would have been widely ignored , mainly due to the recent revelations.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion of course, but, last years Circuit breaker, in England, was widely ignored, in my experience, even before "party-gate".

The devolved Governments (Scotland and Wales) have had more strict "rules" and restrictions, than England, including "circuit breakers" at various times, during the past two years.

Are Wales and/or Scotland in a significantly "better" situation, Covid wise, than England?

Of course, it is quite possible that compliance, in Scotland and Wales has been no better than in England (even before "party-gate").

Top Bottom