The Nasty Party (AKA the Tories), it's back!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

A very simplistic view of the world.
What happens if one day you can no longer provide for yourself and family?
I'm 56 and a couple of years from retirement, my wife retired 2 yrs ago at 55 with a final salary Nurses pension, I've a 300k pot and no mortgage so I think we'll survive 😉

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
You'll be lucky there's only about 3 who come on here, Paley get's a battering every time, I couldn't give a F**k and I think Bolton is somewhere in the middle.

You need to get your kicks elsewhere I think, entertaining though.
In fairness I wasn't expecting detailed dissection, analysis & insight from you, lil' buddy.

I think I've got your number - and it's definitely in the low single digits. :smile:

Tanis8472

Regular
I'm 56 and a couple of years from retirement, my wife retired 2 yrs ago at 55 with a final salary Nurses pension, I've a 300k pot and no mortgage so I think we'll survive 😉
Yeah, so utterly selfish. Couldn't give a fark about anyone else. Final salary pensions tax payers are paying for and that are no longer around for us younger ones.

I don't really expect anything more :rolleyes:

theclaud

Reading around the chip

D

Deleted member 28

Yeah, so utterly selfish. Couldn't give a fark about anyone else. Final salary pensions tax payers are paying for and that are no longer around for us younger ones.

Because I've worked since I was 15 and got a decent job and married a Woman who did the same?

D

Deleted member 28

I'll tell her that her pension is free , wonder what happened to her 35 yrs of contributions?
I assume you're OK with me having a pension as it's a DC one so you won't be contributing anything, I also pay 10% of my salary into it so that's not free either.
It's not my fault if you haven't provided for your own future is it?

Tanis8472

Regular
Because I've worked since I was 15 and got a decent job and married a Woman who did the same?

I've also worked since I was 15.
Not everyone has the ability or circumstances or even luck to end up in a "decent job. Circumstances that through no fault of mine or the mrs has left us in debt for rest of our lives.

My only way to retire has been taken away by Brexit. Don't bother asking cos I won't answer either.

Tanis8472

Regular
I'll tell her that her pension is free , wonder what happened to her 35 yrs of contributions?
I assume you're OK with me having a pension as it's a DC one so you won't be contributing anything, I also pay 10% of my salary into it so that's not free either.
It's not my fault if you haven't provided for your own future is it?

Yeah you do that.

D

Deleted member 28

Not everyone has the ability or circumstances or even luck to end up in a "decent job. Circumstances that through no fault of mine or the mrs has left us in debt for rest of our lives.

My only way to retire has been taken away by Brexit. Don't bother asking cos I won't answer either.
You're just bitter and angry, as far as pensions go you need to start planning when you're young not at the last minute so blaming Brexit isn't really the reason is it?

I guess you had nothing in place before 2020 then?

Can't blame others for that surely?

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
You're just bitter and angry, as far as pensions go you need to start planning when you're young not at the last minute so blaming Brexit isn't really the reason is it?

I guess you had nothing in place before 2020 then?

Can't blame others for that surely?
A nurse employed under current conditions in the NHS will not be able to comfortably retire at 55 on a final salary pension. You say that people should plan for their pensions but you voted for the party which took away the very entitlements which you are enjoying.

So yeah, I don't like the word 'blame' but you are kind of partly responsible for that.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
A nurse employed under current conditions in the NHS will not be able to comfortably retire at 55 on a final salary pension. You say that people should plan for their pensions but you voted for the party which took away the very entitlements which you are enjoying.

So yeah, I don't like the word 'blame' but you are kind of partly responsible for that.

Oh dear, I must tell Daughter No.1, she is going to be VERY disappointed

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

??

Top Bottom