Britain is full! It's official!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
The government isn't very good at the whole detention thing really.

glasgowcyclist

Über Member
Did I read recently that the government was considering renting cells in foreign jails?

It sounds like a parody but it’s impossible to separate Tory policy from parody nowadays, so I don’t know if it’s true.

• Sad
Reactions: C R

The Crofted Crest

Did I read recently that the government was considering renting cells in foreign jails?

It sounds like a parody but it’s impossible to separate Tory policy from parody nowadays, so I don’t know if it’s true.

Crime is so low over here that Holland rents out prison cells. Definitely to Belgium and Norway, perhaps to other countries, too. Makes visiting a touch difficult, mind. Norway also rents old people's homes in Spain. Cheaper, better weather, better grub!

Crime is so low over here that Holland rents out prison cells. Definitely to Belgium and Norway, perhaps to other countries, too. Makes visiting a touch difficult, mind. Norway also rents old people's homes in Spain. Cheaper, better weather, better grub!
Not the full story the Netherlands had the same problem out of my head in the late 90'' they then rented jails in Belgium and build new ones which resulted in the fact they can now rent out overcapacity. Wouldn't necessary say crime is low either, it's in line with the rest of europe.

ebikeerwidnes

Sounds like something their friends in Rwanda might help out with???

Top Bottom