The Nasty Party (AKA the Tories), it's back!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Boldon possibly... Consett, not so much.

I don't think you will find many Thatcher fans in Boldon Colliery

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
An on it goes.
Creating about temporary corona measures but remaining silent on this, assuming the piece is accurately representing the legislation, is certainly incoherent.

Failing an effective opposition, perhaps the country really does need a written constitution that would give the citizenry the right to challenge such legislation in the courts if a govt appears to be going overboard on something that could permanently affect basic freedoms.

mudsticks

Squire
Creating about temporary corona measures but remaining silent on this, assuming the piece is accurately representing the legislation, is certainly incoherent.

Failing an effective opposition, perhaps the country really does need a written constitution that would give the citizenry the right to challenge such legislation in the courts if a govt appears to be going overboard on something that could permanently affect basic freedoms.

I agree , we are long overdue a written constitution laying out the rights of our citizenry, and moreover an overhaul of our not at all representative fptp voting system.

I'm hearing a bit at the moment about the formation of the new three way coalition government in Germany - interesting.

People here say " Oh it would be too complicated for us to cope with"

Really ??
Are we as a nation really that stupid, that we couldn't comprehend a voting system, the like of which other countries seem to manage with just fine??

That seems like a not very laudable form of 'Exceptionalism' - Exceptionally dim ??

Rusty Nails

Country Member

Top Bottom