The Nasty Party (AKA the Tories), it's back!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Sorry but can anyone really defend these pricks ? Saw this on Newsnight last night and thought WTF !

View: https://twitter.com/Zero_4/status/1460747205405556741?t=tST332sKm50n1EevayVU8w&s=19

Well, at least Rosindell makes the distinction plain - the Tory MPs and front-bench Cabinet Ministers with their multi-thousand pound sideline grifts are 'human beings', with families and real reponsibilities. The grubby, scroungy little povs working three sh!t jobs and relying on that extra twenty quid to feed their kids and keep the lights on - not so much.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
No one is defending Mandelson, who was always obsessed by money and influence and not fussy how he got them, or that other governments have not been perfect, but that was 21 years ago, and he resigned over it, and meanwhile this current Tory government, who have been in power for 11 years, are making a habit of being involved in all sorts of sleaze
He's still skulking around, advising the leader of the opposition.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
He was born in the dark....

It's one thing to be born there...

Rusty Nails

Country Member
1. I didn't say anyone was defending Mandelson, or, any other Politician, I was simply pointing out that sleaze was neither new, nor, confined to one Political Party.

2. I didn't say that the sleaze of previous Governments was more relevant or important than the sleaze of this one, my point, perhaps inexpertly made, was that there is not much point is swapping one flavour of sleaze for another one.

So that's OK, we should just ignore the constant sleaze of the current Tory party, which has been given free rein by Johnson. It is only the fact that it is clear that the public dislike for this (or moaning as some describe it) is losing his party public support has made him do a rapid about turn.

Ok. How bit a tub of popcorn will I need as I watch the Traitor in Chief go down the swanee?

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
Ok. How bit a tub of popcorn will I need as I watch the Traitor in Chief go down the swanee?
Will it be oven ready popcorn?

It does surprise me how people can vote for a known liar and then take so long to start to change their minds because they've eventually realised that they don't like being lied to. Well, the optimist in me thinks that it's taken a very long time to turn the tanker around but that it'll take more than he's got to point it back where he was taking us.

Archie_tect

Whatever way No 10 tries to spin upgrades for the north, they are not what was promised and appear to have added to a growing sense that the PM is not serious about “levelling up” and that northerners are always at the back of the queue when it comes to investment. Huw Merrian, the Tory MP who chairs the transport committee, accused Johnson of “selling perpetual sunlight".

Train from Newcastle to Carlisle linking the Main East and West Coast lines takes 1 hour and 32 minutes to travel 53 miles.
Train from Leeds to Manchester Picadilly takes 1 hour and 9 minutes to travel 36 miles.

Top Bottom