The Nasty Party (AKA the Tories), it's back!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Not as Much as Boris and the Tories being in power annoy you lot!:laugh:
Well I am not a leftist and would normally tend to vote Conservative even though I don't agree with everything they stand for. It might also be fun to wind up leftists on a forum, but in this instance you have a Conservative govt and PM of mind-numbing incompetence and a worrying level of sleaze and being beholden to vested interests.

So I have to part company with you that winding up the left is fun in the context of the current government. The country is being damaged by such corruption. If democracy tends to help guarantee personal freedom amongst the citizenry because they can oust useless governments, then too much of such governance might well lead to the population veering off to an extreme in disillusionment, and a govt of the extreme right with an all-powerful Leader or a govt of the extreme left with an all-powerful State will result in massive loss of personal freedom. The totalitarian mindset of both can be seen at present.

The current Conservative govt, which doesn't represent what I would vote for, already has anti-democratic tendencies and a penchant for wanting to stifle dissent in the form of protests and demonstrations, and weaken the accountability of govt to the courts if it starts claiming powers the law does not allow it. The extreme right is already well represented within its ranks.

It's no joke if there is no effective Labour opposition and therefore no real alternative credible government-in-waiting that would prevent the right of the Tory party from being able to take ruling the country for granted, and do whatever they please without having to fear the ballot box.

They said they wanted to take back control, and that is precisely what they have done. Someone under the influence of drink should never get behind the wheel, and a party intoxicated with an entitlement to power should never occupy No. 10.

So, in short, I don't agree with you. ^_^

Mugshot

Über Member
We know the defence now, Gove yesterday, and whoever it was that was wheeled out on the Today program*, nothing to see here, wait for the report and lots and lots of "without fear or favour", which means one or the other (possibly both) is being levered against Gray.

Edit: Ed Argar apparently

Last edited:

Mugshot

Über Member
I asked one of our other Tory cheerleaders what it was about this lot that kept them so enthralled, no answer was forthcoming of course.
It's a curious thing, I can understand differences in political leanings so vote for different parties, and I can understand why people could have voted for Johnson last time out, but to still be supporting him now?
They're taking money from you and your community and giving it to their mates, running down services that you and your community rely on, removing the protections that you and your community need and openly ignoring the laws that you and your community are expected to follow. They've utterly failed in every area, even the flagships of Brexit and immigration have been a disaster when compared to what was promised.

So Shep, what is it about this Tory party that you find to support?

D

Deleted member 28

Like you've already alluded to, people possibly voted Tory last time to 'get Brexit done' which I did and now they're here for the time being.

As for 'supporting' them I don't really give them that much thought as nothing can be done anyway until GE time, when I'll probably still vote Tory as who else is there?

All the shyte in between time is pointless, they did what most of us either did or wanted to do (partying/gathering).

They're stupid to have done it though.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 28

We enjoy laughing at the stupidity you come out with more than you could possibly imagine. Since you can't imagine much.
Heyup it's Mr Folklore,
I see far more whining and whinging about the Tories than laughing on here, I imagine a nice lifestyle with enough money to do what I like in life, oh wait a minute I don't have to imagine that, I've got it.;)

Mugshot

Über Member
Like you've already alluded to, people possibly voted Tory last time to 'get Brexit done' which I did and now they're here for the time being.

As for 'supporting' them I don't really give them that much thought as nothing can be done anyway until GE time, when I'll probably still vote Tory as who else is there?

All the shyte in between time is pointless, they did what most of us either did or wanted to do (partying/gathering) so I don't really care about that to be honest.
This is just trolling then?

Do you really not care that Downing Street were partying while the MET were enforcing this for the likes of you and me?

View: https://twitter.com/metpoliceuk/status/1263108555961442304?s=20

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 49

Heyup it's Mr Folklore,
I see far more whining and whinging about the Tories than laughing on here, I imagine a nice lifestyle with enough money to do what I like in life, oh wait a minute I don't have to imagine that, I've got it.;)
Is that just a bit of bravado or do you really not give a sh1t if anyone else is suffereing ?
I've said it before I could say exactly the same,I reckon I'm doing allright.Yea could allways do with a bit more but family's ok.
But the country as a whole....it's pretty sad food banks/hungry kids/people can't even heat their homes etc etc.
I don't believe your not really arsed,even though it's nice to be on the winning side.
No one likes admitting a mistake but Johnson lol...he's a fecking disaster.

D

Deleted member 49

I asked one of our other Tory cheerleaders what it was about this lot that kept them so enthralled, no answer was forthcoming of course.
It's a curious thing, I can understand differences in political leanings so vote for different parties, and I can understand why people could have voted for Johnson last time out, but to still be supporting him now?
They're taking money from you and your community and giving it to their mates, running down services that you and your community rely on, removing the protections that you and your community need and openly ignoring the laws that you and your community are expected to follow. They've utterly failed in every area, even the flagships of Brexit and immigration have been a disaster when compared to what was promised.

My parents both voted Conservative,allways have ! My dad and mum are both what you would of called working class.They still look back to the golden years of Thatcher !
Although my mum has recently said she's changed her mind on Johnson lol...now if only I could get that Daily Heil of her reading list :rolleyes:

Mugshot

Über Member
My parents both voted Conservative,allways have ! My dad and mum are both what you would of called working class.They still look back to the golden years of Thatcher !
Although my mum has recently said she's changed her mind on Johnson lol...now if only I could get that Daily Heil of her reading list :rolleyes:
Same as that basically, the Mail used to land on the doorstep every morning, now it's the Mail online and a trip to the newsagents on a Saturday.

D

Deleted member 49

Same as that basically, the Mail used to land on the doorstep every morning, now it's the Mail online and a trip to the newsagents on a Saturday.
My dad was marginally better....he'd sometimes get the racing post !

D

Deleted member 28

Is that just a bit of bravado or do you really not give a sh1t if anyone else is suffereing ?
I've said it before I could say exactly the same,I reckon I'm doing allright.Yea could allways do with a bit more but family's ok.
But the country as a whole....it's pretty sad food banks/hungry kids/people can't even heat their homes etc etc.
I don't believe your not really arsed,even though it's nice to be on the winning side.
No one likes admitting a mistake but Johnson lol...he's a fecking disaster.
I've said all along, no-one wants to see dead kids washing up on the Beach, metaphorically speaking, but I certainly don't spend all my life worrying about every disaster in the country.

Let's put things in perspective here, I don't recall living in Utopia during the last Labour tenure but perhaps those on here did?

D

Deleted member 28

Anyway, it is what it is, If Boris keeps on the way he is he'll be out soon anyhow.

D

Deleted member 49

Anyway, it is what it is, If Boris keeps on the way he is he'll be out soon anyhow.
I think he'll be out either way...it's just that his replacement won't be any better :rolleyes:
I've said all along, no-one wants to see dead kids washing up on the Beach, metaphorically speaking, but I certainly don't spend all my life worrying about every disaster in the country.

Let's put things in perspective here, I don't recall living in Utopia during the last Labour tenure but perhaps those on here did?
So try for better ? Not vote for the same old sh1t again.
Agree about Labour/Blair though !

Top Bottom