The NACA Music, Art & General Creativity Thread

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Ian H

Guru
Stolen from Instagram (stolen in turn from Facebook).
lastsupper.JPG

AndyRM

Elder Goth
There isn't really a thread for this, but it's a bit of creative which I thought was actually quite good.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-68711510

Pulling it now seems a bit ridiculous, it's been everywhere in recent weeks.

Nationwide are going on a bit of the offensive I feel, with their recent acquisition of Virgin Money (who's takeover by CYBG was a total disaster) as well as a total rebrand.

If the big boys are reporting an ad then it shows they're doing something right.

icowden

Legendary Member
There isn't really a thread for this, but it's a bit of creative which I thought was actually quite good.
A bit non-sensical though. They never actually explain why having branches is good.
Pulling it now seems a bit ridiculous, it's been everywhere in recent weeks.
That's how the ASA works. You run an ad campaign that breaks the rules, is offensive and gets news headlines. Then the ASA ban it, guaranteeing more news headlines. There's no publicity like bad publicity as the saying goes...

C R

Über Member
A bit non-sensical though. They never actually explain why having branches is good.

That's how the ASA works. You run an ad campaign that breaks the rules, is offensive and gets news headlines. Then the ASA ban it, guaranteeing more news headlines. There's no publicity like bad publicity as the saying goes...

In this particular case it is hard to see how rules were broken, though.

icowden

Legendary Member
In this particular case it is hard to see how rules were broken, though.
They were making false claims. The advert made out they were not closing branches unlike their rivals. Their rivals such as Santander pointed out that they closed more branches than they had in the year before the advert, and all they had done was put a temporary pause on further closures.
A Nationwide advert featuring actor Dominic West that claimed the building society was not closing branches has been banned.
The Advertising Standards Authority (ASA) said in fact that Nationwide had been closing branches.
It was also not clear enough that a Nationwide promise not to close any more would end in 2026, the watchdog added.
The advert was misleading. Therefore it is banned.

Personally I don't why people want bank branches, but then my bank has no branches.

AndyRM

Elder Goth

Meh, it's better than Lloyds constant horses running around.

Yeah, I know the craic with the ASA, I'm just surprised that it took this long.

As for branches, I'm not sure. Virgin Money tried their Lounge concept which really was ridiculous. Others have tried to rebrand with "Community Spaces" and whatnot which I've never seen used.

I mainly use Monzo, who are generally fine but if you want to pay money into your account you have to post it to them...

bobzmyunkle

but if you want to pay money into your account you have to post it to them...
Fivers in brown envelopes? I assume you're taking the piss?

AndyRM

Elder Goth
I don't normally have much time for people claiming things are "woke" or whatever nonsense, but this is taking the p!ss...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-68801704

What the actual f*ck is the point in this? I've got a version of Trivial Pursuit which has "adult and child" cards which I can happily play with my 8 year old. They questions for children are still challenging, they're just not about things from 20 years before they were born which they wouldn't have a hope of getting.

Top Bottom