Starmer's vision quest

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cirrus

So, will it be a good idea this time or still a bad one?

Remains to be seen, I’m in favour, what do you reckon?

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Remains to be seen, I’m in favour, what do you reckon?

There are many situations where it is necessary to “prove” ID, including obtaining a concessionary bus pass! A working ID card system may even make life easier. My biggest concern is the possible mess which any Government could make of implementing this.

Cirrus

There are many situations where it is necessary to “prove” ID, including obtaining a concessionary bus pass! A working ID card system may even make life easier. My biggest concern is the possible mess which any Government could make of implementing this.

Implementation is a concern, however some of the biggest/most populous countries in Europe have managed it so it should be doable for the UK.

If it does come to pass, then hopefully we will have enough humility (I know) to try and learn from those that have done it rather than reinvent the wheel.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
Implementation is a concern, however some of the biggest/most populous countries in Europe have managed it so it should be doable for the UK.

If it does come to pass, then hopefully we will have enough humility (I know) to try and learn from those that have done it rather than reinvent the wheel.

Elsewhere, I have declared myself an optimist, not as optimistic as you, however ;)

D

Deleted member 49

D

Deleted member 49

I don't necessarily agree with Burnham on a lot...but he's right here yesterday.
No point in a Labour government unless it’s radical & reforming.
Labour must be a broad church & the test of that is the purge against Ian Byrne being halted.

Top Bottom