Oh no!! Brexit not going quite as well as hoped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 28

I never let that go...fecking unforgivable to me.Were friends but he crossed a line !
And that's where you Leftie, all for one, Union types need to get a grip!

How can who someone votes for get in the way of a friendship, unless you're 2 very different people in the first place.

D

Deleted member 49

And that's where you Leftie, all for one, Union types need to get a grip!

How can who someone votes for get in the way of a friendship, unless you're 2 very different people in the first place.
I'm pretty far from a lefty,all for one whatever the feck that is....as for my friends voting habits,did you read my post ? I said we're friends....but I'll never let him forget he voted Tory !

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Not really, it was never going to make that much difference to me in the big scheme of things.

Before you ask I've explained more than once why I voted leave, I also knew whatever negative impact it had wouldn't affect me that much.

Just now and then, I wish I could, like yourself, have so little care, for things outside of my immediate range..

But I think it might be too late for me to change my ways now :sad:

Dunno, I s'pose I could work on it.

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Thank goodness no one knows my precise location, because a very nice lady from Germany turned up yesterday with an estate car well packed with bread, cheese, and chocolate.
You vill be reported to ze aussorities, and you vill häve to ansver ze kvestions ...

Unkraut

Master of the Inane Comment
Before you ask I've explained more than once why I voted leave, I also knew whatever negative impact it had wouldn't affect me that much.
Well that has the merit of being honest, but can't you at least try to see it from the point of view of others who either have really lost out or see the damage done to the prospects of for example their children, or are concerned by the damage done to the country as a whole by the way the govt has left the EU?

icowden

Legendary Member
Because the term 'winning' is always presented as if it's the people who voted for Brexit are the ones complaining, yes I've seen all the links, yet no-one I know who voted leave think they made a mistake.
Of course I live in a tiny bubble surrounded by leave voting Tory racists, unlike the bubbles you lot live in that apparently?

Well yes. Farmers are shafted, fishermen are going broke, shops have supply issues, hospitals are at breaking point...
I'm very curious as to why you and all your friends think it is going well? What are the improvements you have seen? What are the benefits you are enjoying?

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Well that has the merit of being honest, but can't you at least try to see it from the point of view of others who either have really lost out or see the damage done to the prospects of for example their children, or are concerned by the damage done to the country as a whole by the way the govt has left the EU?
Shep's said a number of times that he doesn't care in the slightest how much harm it's causing to people who aren't him. This shows a level of honesty which (despite finding it incomprehensible and abhorrent) I applaud, and can't help but wish was reflected by the venal, corrupt, lying politicians who inform the decisions of the Sheps of the world.

D

Deleted member 28

Shep's said a number of times that he doesn't care in the slightest how much harm it's causing to people who aren't him. This shows a level of honesty which (despite finding it incomprehensible and abhorrent) I applaud, and can't help but wish was reflected by the venal, corrupt, lying politicians who inform the decisions of the Sheps of the world.
I don't recall ever saying that I must admit?

D

Deleted member 28

Well yes. Farmers are shafted, fishermen are going broke, shops have supply issues, hospitals are at breaking point...
I'm very curious as to why you and all your friends think it is going well? What are the improvements you have seen? What are the benefits you are enjoying?
All due to Brexit of course and nothing to do with Covid or Haulage companies not paying a fair wage?

I've said already there seems to be little, if any benefits yet, we've done that to death.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member 28

Just now and then, I wish I could, like yourself, have so little care, for things outside of my immediate range..

But I think it might be too late for me to change my ways now :sad:

Dunno, I s'pose I could work on it.
Bit like wishing you were a ' bit more gay' remember that comment?

Touche!

D

Deleted member 28

I can, that's the issue though isn't it ?,it's how thing's have been handled by the Government.

I wouldn't say a single thing on Brexit if all the comments were about 'how bad it is' rather than ' bet those Brexiteers are sorry now' and 'not what they voted for' and 'you've been conned ' blah, blah, blah.

I don't feel any of those things and some on here are in cloud cuckoo land if they think that's what all leave voters are feeling.

This is getting boring now anyway so you fill yer boots.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Bit like wishing you were a ' bit more gay' remember that comment?

Touche!

Yes I do.

Not sure what the touché! bit refers to.

Doubt I'll be enlightened either.

I can, that's the issue though isn't it ?,it's how thing's have been handled by the Government.

I wouldn't say a single thing on Brexit if all the comments were about 'how bad it is' rather than ' bet those Brexiteers are sorry now' and 'not what they voted for' and 'you've been conned ' blah, blah, blah.

I don't feel any of those things and some on here are in cloud cuckoo land if they think that's what all leave voters are feeling.

This is getting boring now anyway so you fill yer boots.

No one on here has once said that all leavers are feeling sorry now.

But you do seem to take all statements about leavers, as if they're directed at you personally.

Some leavers are happy, like yourself.

Some are not happy, those are just facts.

Not cloud cuckooland.

Just sad facts.

Top Bottom