Oh no!! Brexit not going quite as well as hoped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Where's the 'groan' emoji when you need it? 😄

D

Deleted member 28

No one on here has once said that all leavers are feeling sorry now.

But you do seem to take all statements about leavers, as if they're directed at you personally.

Some leavers are happy, like yourself.

Some are not happy, those are just facts.
Not seen many links to 'happy leavers ' or many posts pointing out that many are satisfied with the outcome, not taking it personal but as one of the few, if not the only Brexit voter that can be bothered to reply, I feel duty bound to assure you lot of the facts.

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
Not seen many links to 'happy leavers ' or many posts pointing out that many are satisfied with the outcome, not taking it personal but as one of the few, if not the only Brexit voter that can be bothered to reply, I feel duty bound to assure you lot of the facts.

Well thanks Shep, for telling 'us lot'* the facts that we already knew..

You know, like the ones we encounter in the world we live in too..

The same one you live in.

We're all aware that there are vast tracts of indifferent, don't give a toss.

'Makes no difference to me' (so far) folk out here in the real world as well.

But the people talking about it here, are the ones who do care, who have seen effects.

Either on themselves, or on others.

Hopefully, you've learn a couple of facts as well right ? :okay:

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.
A bit off topic, but, during the various friendly discussions on Brexit, here and on the "old" NACA, the change of the Vehicle GB mark to UK has been mentioned, several times.

At the time, this puzzled me, surely the EU were not responsible for issuing International Vehicle Registration Identifiers, I thought?

Took the time to look it up today, sure enough, the EU do not administer this system, it is administered by a United Nations body (which makes sense).

So, it would appear, we could have had our Brexit AND retained the GB designation. But, for some brain dead reason, Johnson and co., have decided to change this, WHY? What has anyone gained from this bit of lunacy, other than makers and sellers of UK Stickers and Number Plates.

FishFright

Well yes. Farmers are shafted, fishermen are going broke, shops have supply issues, hospitals are at breaking point...
I'm very curious as to why you and all your friends think it is going well? What are the improvements you have seen? What are the benefits you are enjoying?

Maybe all his friends live behind the bathroom mirror?

So, it would appear, we could have had our Brexit AND retained the GB designation. But, for some brain dead reason, Johnson and co., have decided to change this, WHY? What has anyone gained from this bit of lunacy, other than makers and sellers of UK Stickers and Number Plates.

I understand it's a sop to the Northern Irish Unionists as GB reads as Great Britain thus excluding the six counties.

The only relationship it bears to Brexit would be around whether the GB designator on the EU pattern number plate was simply a lift from the UN regulations or relied on something agreed in Brussels.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
I understand it's a sop to the Northern Irish Unionists as GB reads as Great Britain thus excluding the six counties.

The only relationship it bears to Brexit would be around whether the GB designator on the EU pattern number plate was simply a lift from the UN regulations or relied on something agreed in Brussels.
Pretty much what I assumed, despite not having looked into it. 'Great Britain' is a geographical area, while UK refers to the political entity and includes NI, which GB doesn't.

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

So, it has been “wrong” since 1922, nothing has happened, the world hasn’t ended. Who cares?

So, it has been “wrong” since 1922, nothing has happened, the world hasn’t ended. Who cares?

Presumably the Unionists.

Personally I'm not sure I was alive to the distinction until I was in a job dealing with Tribunals with a need to understand the minutiae of their geographical jurisdiction.

By that stage I was in my forties.

icowden

Legendary Member

Well, no one is stopping you from posting them Shep. We just haven't found any? We had a whole thread asking about the benefits of Brexit, and as yet, no-one has been able to find one.

Can't wait for your update!

D

Deleted member 28

Well, no one is stopping you from posting them Shep. We just haven't found any? We had a whole thread asking about the benefits of Brexit, and as yet, no-one has been able to find one.

Can't wait for your update!
You're confusing 'benefits of Brexit ' with people who voted leave and are getting on with life.

Top Bottom