Oh no!! Brexit not going quite as well as hoped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Of course I live in a tiny bubble surrounded by leave voting Tory racists, unlike the bubbles you lot live in that apparently?
Quite so, although more 'a nation' than 'a bubble'. Scotland hasn't voted for a Tory government since 1955, and rejected Brexit by 62%. I genuinely don't know anybody who voted for it.

Not for most on here apparently. 🤣
Check the glee - QED. :rolleyes:

OP
OP
mudsticks

mudsticks

Squire
The vote, according to the remainers. It's those who choose to use the term 'winning '.

You might need to check with the users.

But I think there's a touch of irony in the 'winning' expression being used by remainers here.

But never mind them.

What did you personally win.?

That is,
how have you personally benefitted??

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
Of a food parcel ?
Nah, Pandora comes in a box, Pain d'or might be more suitable for a food parcel.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Because the term 'winning' is always presented as if it's the people who voted for Brexit are the ones complaining, yes I've seen all the links, yet no-one I know who voted leave think they made a mistake.
Of course I live in a tiny bubble surrounded by leave voting Tory racists, unlike the bubbles you lot live in that apparently?

Nice generalisation. Brexit won, and I'm over that.

I think what people who didn't vote 'Leave' get frustrated by, on this board at least, is the explanation as to what has been actually won, other than the vote.

Personally I know plenty of people who voted the other way than me, and out of 8, 5 think they made a mistake, especially the two who worked for De La Rue and lost their jobs.

D

Deleted member 28

Nice generalisation. Brexit won, and I'm over that.

I think what people who didn't vote 'Leave' get frustrated by, on this board at least, is the explanation as to what has been actually won, other than the vote.

Personally I know plenty of people who voted the other way than me, and out of 8, 5 think they made a mistake, especially the two who worked for De La Rue and lost their jobs.
Well, that's where the decision making went wrong.
Perhaps people I know chose more wisely for the situation they were in?

D

Deleted member 49

I'm afraid I'm going to agree with Shep here...loads who I know voted leave,very few say they regret their decision.Theres the cover of the pandemic that can be used for a while still.The classic it's the same all over Europe,job,food shortages etc.
Im pretty sure a few realize it's a mistake,it's harder to bite your tongue and say feck I regret that.Especially if it doesn't feel like it's affecting you directly.
Sad but true....now the ones that voted for Johnson.One of my oldest friends,union man when I was a apprentice.I never let that go...fecking unforgivable to me.Were friends but he crossed a line !

D

Deleted member 28

You might need to check with the users.

But I think there's a touch of irony in the 'winning' expression being used by remainers here.

But never mind them.

What did you personally win.?

That is,
how have you personally benefitted??
Not really, it was never going to make that much difference to me in the big scheme of things.

Before you ask I've explained more than once why I voted leave, I also knew whatever negative impact it had wouldn't affect me that much.

Top Bottom