Oh no!! Brexit not going quite as well as hoped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stowie

Sooo.... Brexit continues to stagger around aimlessly like a bad 50's B movie Zombie where the best thing for all involved would be to put it out of its misery but no-one can conjure the courage to do so.

We are now at the stage where the "oven-ready Brexit" is being decried as a pile of steaming turds and unpicked by the very same people who negotiated it in the first place. MPs who scorned the need for more time to scrutinise the agreement are now crying about not have really understood it. Brexity sectors such as fishing and farming had been told they were really, really important and Brexit was going to be utterly briiiiliant for them. And now they realise they are being royally screwed. Not the Brexit they voted for, although what they actually did vote for seems rather unclear. Farage - who couldn't stop himself shouting "fish" at every opportunity - has farked off to loom up in between our cuddly kitten YouTube videos trying to sell something about finance which, ironically, seems more fishy than the fishing industry he helped screw over. Johnson is no longer waving kippers around at conferences. "Global Britain" bigly trade deals are either a distant memory. The ones that have been put into place are no longer mentioned or quietly being re-negotiated because conducting international trade negotiations in a compressed timescale dictated by political photo ops results in shoot deals. Who knew, eh?

"Global Brexit Britain" is cast adrift moving from established trade deal to established trade deal asking if we can join their gang. A US-UK bigly trade deal is the way forward. Oh, no they don't give a shoot. OK, how about the Asia trade pacts. Ooh we will bounce back over the Pacific to NAFTA. Ooh maybe the Galactic Empire wants to play with Global Brexit Britain. None of the proposals really sticking because they make very little sense outside a breathless Daily Mail headline.

Brexiteer headbangers like the ERG know time is not on their side. Poll ratings concerning Brexit are going one way and not in their favour. The demographics are not going to slow that process. They need to really fark the UK-EU relationship to make sure that any negotiation for closer ties in the future is made as difficult as possible. The equivalent of blowing up bridges during the retreat.

Meanwhile Johnson is surrounding himself with people whose only quality is to have even less capability to do his job that him. And Johnson himself reverts to what he does best. Flinging a seemingly inexhaustible supply of dead cats onto the table to distract from the fact that he is both a total shitbag and wildly incompetent. A fantastic opportunity for the Labour party to capitalise on the chaos. Which they do by doing what they do best. Splitting into factions. One half of the party has decided the best route to victory is to say as little as possible about anything, whilst the other half are pining for a Leader that lost two elections, one of which was won by a party who conducted a campaign that was almost willfully designed to lose. Oh, and the Lib-Dems. No, me neither.

D

Deleted member 28

Insults? You think I'm trying to insult you? Good grief. :laugh:

And I'm not at all sure what you mean by "make my post's (sic) more readable". Little words, maybe? You might try being clearer.

Or on second thoughts - don't bother. You have the square root of sweet sh!t-all to offer.
You're the one who mentioned "not being rude, yet" if I recall?

D

Deleted member 28

Insults? And he calls me sensitive? :laugh:
The fella above pointed out he wasn't "being rude, yet" so I took it he thought he may have offended me and was about to up the ante, I was assuring him he had a way to go.

D

Deleted member 49

A fantastic opportunity for the Labour party to capitalise on the chaos. Which they do by doing what they do best. Splitting into factions. One half of the party has decided the best route to victory is to say as little as possible about anything, whilst the other half are pining for a Leader that lost two elections, one of which was won by a party who conducted a campaign that was almost willfully designed to lose
But what's happened to the saviour of Labour....he's backed the Tories at nearly every turn and he's still unpopular ! Who'd have thought it,man in a suit looks the part...I remember when everyone said "if only we had Starmer" 🙄
If he thinks Brexit is done with,which I understand is a sore subject from the architect of a second referendum disaster policy.Hes sadly mistaken.
How long can you blame Corbyn for ffs...I did read he's after expelling him permanently ? for me if that's the case feck it I'll vote elsewhere ! The more I see and hear him...well nothing,he inspires very little.

Xipe Totec

Something nasty in the woodshed
Be careful, some might class that statement as being 'rude ', let me know when you are though. 😉
Not rude, just an observation, Shep-o. And sure, if you think it will help, I'll give you a heads-up if I ever feel I need to lower myself to insults or personal abuse. Happy to help! 🙂

Tanis8472

Regular
Still winning lol

310. IPOs. Fifteen years ago, a fifth of all companies globally that went public via a placing, chose London. Now London’s share of Initial Public Offerings (IPOs) on a global basis has plummeted to 4 per cent. The reasons are varied, but the main factors include Brexit-induced political and currency risk.

D

Deleted member 28

Seems to me the only people on here who keep going on about 'winning ' are the losers?

D

Deleted member 28

And this surprises you because...?
Because the term 'winning' is always presented as if it's the people who voted for Brexit are the ones complaining, yes I've seen all the links, yet no-one I know who voted leave think they made a mistake.
Of course I live in a tiny bubble surrounded by leave voting Tory racists, unlike the bubbles you lot live in that apparently?

D

Deleted member 28

All those delicious Remainer Tears, and the thrilling crunch of the Brexit Boot stamping on funny tinged and funny-accented faces.

It's a full-blown multiple wingasm, for some.
Not for most on here apparently. 🤣

Top Bottom