Oh no!! Brexit not going quite as well as hoped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PaulB

Above had a GO as debris.

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ks-liz-truss-claim-uk-workers-need-more-graft
I read between the lines on this as 'Brexit would be fine but for lazy British workers'.

He's absolutely right!

rees-mogg-lying-down.jpg

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
We live in a rich country as part of a global community, there's plenty of wealth to go around, we've got automation, we know how to grow stuff and make stuff, there's no reason for anyone to go without and we shouldn't have to work so hard.

It's demonisation of the working class, making sure they know it's their own fault if they're cold and hungry this winter.

jowwy

We live in a rich country as part of a global community, there's plenty of wealth to go around, we've got automation, we know how to grow stuff and make stuff, there's no reason for anyone to go without and we shouldn't have to work so hard.

It's demonisation of the working class, making sure they know it's their own fault if they're cold and hungry this winter.

Seriously??

D

Deleted member 49

I wonder who she's trying to appeal to 🙄
At least it's a different angle to benefit scroungers,single mum's, immigrants,lazy fecking train drivers.... They dont know how well of they are,in my day bollox.

jowwy

What I really want is a shift away from class structure and patriarchal norms, and a radical rethink of how we as a society approach the entire subject of work and wealth and value and family and leisure and community.

So yes, seriously.

yes, work life balance is good and brings huge benefits. But to get that, you still need to work hard to build a life for yourself and your family

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
What I really want is a shift away from... patriarchal norms

AndyRM

Elder Goth
It's perfectly possible to "build a life" without working yourself into the ground. I got burned out in my previous job thinking that way and had to take a couple months out because it knackered me mentally.

jowwy

It's perfectly possible to "build a life" without working yourself into the ground. I got burned out in my previous job thinking that way and had to take a couple months out because it knackered me mentally.

of course its perfectly possible...but you still need to work hard at it, you cont just bum around thinking everything is easy.

of course its perfectly possible...but you still need to work hard at it, you cont just bum around thinking everything is easy.

Work smarter, not harder.

Many companies are trialling 4 day weeks, their productivity has rocketed.

You don't need to work yourself into the ground. As @AndyRM mentioned, I also did this and it's counter-productive. He also didn't mention anything about bumming around.

Last edited:

jowwy

Work smarter, not harder.

Many companies are trialling 4 day weeks, their productivity has rocketed.

You don't need to work yourself into the ground. As @AndyRM mentioned, I also did this as it's counter-productive. He also didn't mention anything about bumming around.

yup, we are doing the same soon........we work a 35hr week, we are trialling 28hrs over 4 days for the same salary, but lose flex time.

I never said he did mention bumming around, that was me saying " you cant just bum around " thinking life is easy

Top Bottom