Oh no!! Brexit not going quite as well as hoped

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tanis8472

Regular
That's what happens when you take back control 🤣

PaulB

pooh.jpg

D

Deleted member 28

Now this really is quite laughable when people on here seriously expect an alternative political input to the forum.

I personally couldn't give a f*ck but c'mon, you have the echo chamber you want.

So from this I assume no Labour/liberal etc voters are any of the above, yeah right!

I think you've been listening to 'the Kop' a little too much!

albion

Guru
One thing for sure. The thing that swung it for Brexit was the blind obvious lie about reducing the number of asylum seekers.
That was solely to appeal to naturally insecure working class, the ones who got nudged towards an easy racist solution.

D

Deleted member 28

One thing for sure. The thing that swung it for Brexit was the blind obvious lie about reducing the number of asylum seekers.
That was solely to appeal to naturally insecure working class, the ones who got nudged towards an easy racist solution.

And you know this how?

I was hoping that Brexit would provide jobs for local people rather than occasional foreign workers yes, not really happened admittedly, but Covid hasn't helped this much either as a lot have found alternative employment and haven't returned to their previous roles.

Before you ask I've been told this by various people in different industries inc pubs/hotels and the music/concert business.

Ok, not all I'm sure but there are a large percentage out there.

Or alternatively, we're all just thick, racist, inbred cun*s like PaulyB from 'the Kop' points out, please yourself what you think for me I'm happy with my choices.;)

BoldonLad

Old man on a bike. Not a member of a clique.

Worryingly, given the result, that would imply that almost half of those who voted, fit your rather unflattering profile.

albion

Guru
It was totally obvious logically. I said it many times back in 2016, myself probably inferring the French would likely have a whipround to supply dingies.

You really thought France would police for a quitter?

Worryingly, given the result, that would imply that almost half of those who voted, fit your rather unflattering profile.

No it wouldn’t. The result was swung by a few hundred thousand voting leave instead of remain. That was partly achieved through the promotion of disquiet about foreigners stealing ‘our’ jobs and ‘our’ council houses and ‘our’ women.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
No it wouldn’t. The result was swung by a few hundred thousand voting leave instead of remain. That was partly achieved through the promotion of disquiet about foreigners stealing ‘our’ jobs and ‘our’ council houses and ‘our’ women.

But was that really what swung it....you would need to speak to all those extra thousands one to one....otherwise your just making huge assumptions of why those people voted the way they did.

And saddly too many people on here love to make those assumptions....

Top Bottom