Nationalise, regulate or laissez-faire?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

We still have those that are highlighted, unless things changed in the last few seconds
University fees....social housing was sold off under Thatcher and were still struggling to replace them now... Convalescent,old peoples homes...you've heard of privatisation I'm guessing ?

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
What @Adam4868 saying is apart from the three you highlighted, we also had free NHS dentist AND free education AND free eye tests AS WELL AS owning the Royal Mail, energy, rail, water ALONG WITH social housing AND EU membership (plus its benefits) AND old people's homes.

We had ALL of them until the late 80's/early 90's, EU going 6 years ago.

and your blaming that on leaving the EU are you, like you blame it for everything else???

jowwy

University fees....social housing was sold off under Thatcher and were still struggling to replace them now... Convalescent,old peoples homes...you've heard of privatisation I'm guessing ?

Council Housing was sold under thatcher.........through the right to buy scheme, not everyone had the right and even labour members who opposed the sell off, even bought there own council houses under the scheme

jowwy

Which banned councils from replacing them.

again wrong...they were barred from borrowing money to replace them

1660731505864.png

i didnt say you did, which is why a put a question mark at the end of the sentence......asking you a question

You did. You immediately jumped on the blaming the EU argument. Not even worthy of a question. If you’d read the post properly, you would’ve seen that.

jowwy

You did. You immediately jumped on the blaming the EU argument. Not even worthy of a question. If you’d read the post properly, you would’ve seen that.

you didnt read my post properly......so it goes both ways

and yes they were barred from using the money from sales to build new....reason being, they were selling them, to use the money to maintain the rest, because that was the policy they agreed too. otherwise what was the point in selling them, other than to raise capital for maintaining existing stock.....FFS

D

Deleted member 49

Council Housing was sold under thatcher.........through the right to buy scheme, not everyone had the right and even labour members who opposed the sell off, even bought there own council houses under the scheme
Is that not what I said ?

jowwy

Is that not what I said ?

well in a way no....its all according if the council was a registered social landlord or a council...........

Then they sold council houses and not social houses, so only partly correct in your post. but thats just me knit picking, the same as everyone else on every post.

D

Deleted member 49

well in a way no....its all according if the council was a registered social landlord or a council...........

Then they sold council houses and not social houses, so only partly correct in your post. but thats just me knit picking, the same as everyone else on every post.
Can i be arsed with your knit picking....
"Houses and flats built for public or social housing use are built by or for local authorities and known as council houses, though since the 1980s the role of non-profit housing associations became more important and subsequently the term "social housing" became more widely used, as technically council housing only"

Top Bottom