How or Why is an Octopus toy Considered Antisemitic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mr Celine

It's a hyperlink to a Daily Mail article. You click on the text and your browser will take you to that page on the Daily Mail website. HTH.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
400b5cd0-62f3-4136-974c-f540f1146e4f.jpg

https://encyclopedia.ushmm.org/content/en/photo/anti-jewish-propaganda

My kid has the same octopus though. It's reversible to be smiling or frowning so helps communicate emotions. That's why it's useful for autism.

Martin Rowson recently got in trouble for similar.

D

Deleted member 49

Without clicking the Daily Heil link is Baddiel in there somewhere 🙄

OP
OP
spen666

spen666

bobzmyunkle

Still do not see why Thurnberg is being accused of being antisemitic for the octopus in her picture
Was she being antisemitic? - no.
Can you work out why she's being accused of being antisemitic? - I think you could if you tried.

theclaud

Reading around the chip
Cock-ups happen, and I believe it is unlikely that she would have deliberately used an anti-semitic octupus trope, especially with a Jewish friend sat next to her.

:laugh:

It's not a cock-up. It's an octopus plushie. It looks like this.

download (4).jpeg

The point is not that there's anything plausible about it the accusation of antisemitism - the point is to unleash armies of unhinged online trolls against anyone who stands up for Palestine.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
I can't explain it, sorry.

I am puzzled by Thunberg's phrase "today we are striking", don't you have to have a job before you can go on strike?, or, perhaps, she means 'striking" as in hitting?

Do you know who Greta Thunberg is?

D

Deleted member 121

don't you have to have a job before you can go on strike?, or, perhaps, she means 'striking" as in hitting?

I can only sympathise. When my kids were younger, every time they saw a duck they would shout "DUCK!"

By the time i got out of the habit of hitting the deck every time they shouted it, they actually stopped shouting that they saw a duck...

Top Bottom