Leadership debate.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
D

Deleted member 49

I think the name thing started in earnest with Nick Clegg didn't it? I remember everyone being weirdly impressed and trying to copy his style.
Impressed ! Speak for yourself....it was no surprise to many what a w@nker he turned out to be.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Impressed ! Speak for yourself....it was no surprise to many what a w@nker he turned out to be.

I mean it was commented on in the media and other politicians copied him. So a loose definition of 'everyone'.

deptfordmarmoset

Über Member
Just watching Truss on the telly

someone has told her she will sound more authoritative if she slows down how she talks
so she is doing so my introducing pauses between words

It is almost more annoying that what she is saying - or not saying

Oh - and she has picked up that boris gets people on side and shows he is listening by throwing in the name of the person he is taking to every now and again
so she has started doing it but it is totally unnatural to her so it is grating

She is going to get more and more annoying

I supposed to could be referred to as biased - but ..........

I haven't been unlucky enough to watch that broadcast but your post reminded me of May's ''strong and stable'' catchphrase that crucified her.

albion

Guru
The far right media purposely crucified her with their usual onslaught.
Luckily the UK is not as bad as in the US where the parallels to Hitlers Germany are becoming immense.

icowden

Legendary Member
I haven't been unlucky enough to watch that broadcast but your post reminded me of May's ''strong and stable'' catchphrase that crucified her.

It's worth watching what comes after in the form of Joe "I'm incredibly right wing" Lycett.
https://www.chortle.co.uk/video/2022/09/04/51698/joe_lycett_on_laura_kuenssberg

This clip misses the very end of Truss's interview where Joe can be heard across the studio whooping and shouting "You go Liz - you smashed it!". Someone is very much regretting the booking...

stowie

I'm on tenterhooks. Will it be Liz "Thatch" Truss or Liz "Thatch" Truss*?

*I may regret this statement if somehow Rishi scoops it...

So will most of the commentators on the BBC who are already debating what sort of PM Liz Truss will be when she gets the job.

Desperate time filling, which should be able to be summed up in two words, "farking awful".

Beebo

Veteran
60399 votes to 81326 votes.
she got 57% of membership votes, didn’t get the majority support of the MPs, so not a huge landslide of affirmation.

Top Bottom