Leadership debate.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

winjim

Welcome yourself into the new modern crisis
Are you suggesting the Queen might yet stage a monarchist coup? ^_^

You do have to wonder what it would take.

I see that she's staying at Balmoral rather than coming to Windsor or Buckingham Palace. Officially her mobility isn't good but could it be a subtle expression of disapproval? Of course she's getting on and ghoulish as it may sound, I fear that a royal funeral and coronation within the next two years might have the result of providing the Tories with a bounce in the polls.

albion

Guru
That percentage win means the 'fun' Laura Kuenssberg show which by design, portrayed Sunak as an also ran made only a minor difference.

Laura Kuenssberg is aiming for her usual emphasis on fun (rather than fact) so lets hope Joe Lycett gets a regular spot now that Laura, at long last, nailed it.

D

Deleted member 49

Liz Truss is now the UK Prime Minister. I cannot shake the feeling the I am in the middle of one hell of a cheese dream.
Screenshot_20220905-123316~2.png

That percentage win means the 'fun' Laura Kuenssberg show which by design, portrayed Sunak as an also ran made only a minor difference.

Laura Kuenssberg is aiming for her usual emphasis on fun (rather than fact) so lets hope Joe Lycett gets a regular spot now that Laura, at long last, nailed it.

Hadn't voting ended by then?

Rusty Nails

Country Member
Not exactly a resounding endorsement of Truss's support.

Her % of the vote was lower than any other leadership election in recent years. Lower even than IDS.

60399 votes to 81326 votes.
she got 57% of membership votes, didn’t get the majority support of the MPs, so not a huge landslide of affirmation.

52% would have been funnier.

jowwy

Can't spell, Can't Punctuate....Who care's, Sue Me
Bit given she's rumoured to require a majority of eligible voters in a Scottish independence referendum that looks a bit slack.

There was no majority of eligible voters in favour of Brexit.

Never listen to rumours and im sure she didnt set the rules for the leadership race or for Brexit…so she cant be held responsible for that.

Never listen to rumours and im sure she didnt set the rules for the leadership race or for Brexit…so she cant be held responsible for that.

She was in the Cameron Cabinet that set the rules for the Brexit referendum therefore she shares collective responsibility.

In any event she, as the leader of the Conservative Party, might reasonably be asked to account for apparently acting hypocritically in setting one margin in referendum (a) and another in referendum (b).

It was repeatedly pointed out that the winning margin in the EU referendum would have been insufficient to legally support a strike on the tube.

Top Bottom