Leadership debate.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AndyRM

Elder Goth
We needed a clear out after last season, utter disaster. Finished 10th, the lowest in a very very long time. Goodwin wasted no time in wielding the axe and it's good to see us actually buying players, rather than getting them on frees/loan.

Once the team gels (remember, we have 9 new first team players), we'll be looking really good for the rest of the season.

I hadn't realised it had been so bad! I was pre-occupied with us in the Championship and scraping through it!

That's shocking for a club that size, but I guess nobody has a divine right to finish anywhere in a league.

We're still very much in the free/loan market. And have basically signed a bunch of kids so far. Less than ideal. Early days in the season though, so I'm not thinking we're doomed just yet. One of my favourite managers, Mixu, didn't manage to get a team to click until Hallowe'en!

I hadn't realised it had been so bad! I was pre-occupied with us in the Championship and scraping through it!

That's shocking for a club that size, but I guess nobody has a divine right to finish anywhere in a league.

We're still very much in the free/loan market. And have basically signed a bunch of kids so far. Less than ideal. Early days in the season though, so I'm not thinking we're doomed just yet. One of my favourite managers, Mixu, didn't manage to get a team to click until Hallowe'en!

Ah! Mixu Patelianen (what a f*cking signing, as we used to sing). I don't think there was a Scottish club he didn't play for/manage. ^_^

Top guy though. :becool: Met him outside Pittodrie one day (while on my way to a Marine Biology lecture at University. Aberdeen Uni and Pittodrie are close to each other and I lived near both), practiced my Finnish on him and he was really impressed. :okay:

Last edited:

AndyRM

Elder Goth
Ah! Mixu Patelianen (what a f*cking signing, as we used to sing). I don't think there was a Scottish club he didn't play for/manage. ^_^

Top guy though. :becool: Met him outside Pittodrie one day (while on my way to a Marine Biology lecture at University), practiced my Finnish on him and he was really impressed. :okay:

Legend. And like you say, a top guy. I was gutted when he left us for Finland, but accepted that managing your national side is a huge honour and not to be turned down. Managed Hong Kong too I think?

D

Deleted member 49

Setting the bar high..

View: https://twitter.com/AdamBienkov/status/1562157820828684288?t=XQzZBg2H8qm0Ng8LEQETEQ&s=19

Screenshot_20220824-170206.png

And when basking in her reflected light Sunak seems to be Rishi Corbyn which I’m struggling to come to terms with 😱😱😱

And then he blows-it with a Govian 'who needs experts moment'....

https://www.theguardian.com/politic...ing-covid-pandemic?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Top Bottom